Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
I have restarted my game after finding out that Tarquin was supposed to appear at Stonegarden but never did. On my new game once getting to Act 2 I started to monitor the situation more closely by going to the Stonegarden time and again to see if Tarquin is there.

Then after investigating the house of Mordus in Driftwood, and also solving the disappearing Magisters quest, I went to Stonegarden and voila, he disappeared. I reloaded a save before going into the house of Mordus and found that Tarquin was still there. I could not do further testing because it was getting late and I needed to sleep...

Anyway, it seems something is messing with the triggers of Tarquin. I have heard that going inside the Lady Vengeance may have to do but in this playthrough I have never entered the ship for respec. I have also barely started exploring around the map, only doing the quests in Driftwood.

I really, really hope the upcoming patch this week can solve the issue of this quest (along many others).

Yeah I missed his quest completely because he didn't mention it when I got to act 2 and then was never in the graveyard when I got there (which was much later than I should have).

I experienced a related problem in that when I got to act 2 I talked to Gareth and him on the ship and then went below decks. When I came back up both were gone. I expect they are supposed to leave when you leave the ship, but going below decks triggered that early.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Same problem here. Am I missing a lot now I can't do his quest? He appeared on the ship after I found the artefact in Stonegarden...

H
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
From what I know, the questline itself does not affect critical things such as endings or main quest progress, but it is closely connected to the main quest and not doing it will make you miss out some important context and story, not to mention some NPC will get mad at you for rejecting to do the quest because you canNOT do it. So yeah it can be really frustrating for some players but not so much to others. I unfortunately belong to the former.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by HeresiarchQin
From what I know, the questline itself does not affect critical things such as endings or main quest progress, but it is closely connected to the main quest and not doing it will make you miss out some important context and story, not to mention some NPC will get mad at you for rejecting to do the quest because you canNOT do it. So yeah it can be really frustrating for some players but not so much to others. I unfortunately belong to the former.

Not sure on what basis you are saying this... I have always done this quest but I do not believe it adds anything to the main quest or even provides significant lines of additional dialogue.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard