Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#630660 13/10/17 08:48 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
With great disappointment, the only request that I made (possibility of adding new elemental damages) was denied, so conventional means to do so are out of the question.

I was wondering if someone had tried to do so, and if successful, via scripting.

X
stranger
stranger
X
I only tried changing SkillEffects and/or PotionEffects, copy original effect, change resistances on CC spell like Fear, next i renamed Fear to XXFear and replaced original Fear (in spell properties) to XXFear, its something like new spell but not exactly new. Image below will show where i made changes (not all at once but with random combinations).
[Linked Image]

In game version 3.0.146.969 tests showing only icons like Terrified but no true effect, btw before last patch this method worked without problems, targets with full physical and/or magical armors were terrified.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm not sure I understand what you did: can you please elaborate?

X
stranger
stranger
X
I only "created" Fear without any resistances and no damage, CC spell i can cast on any enemy at any time but as i said, spell after patch no longer working. I know its not answer to your question about new elemental damage, I just wanted to point out that some of the newly created effects do not work in the game, only vanilla effects working, new entries are ignored in game, or even worse enemy start mirroring your "new" skills, maybe its a bug after update, sorry if I made a misunderstanding.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by xyz009; 14/10/17 01:28 PM.
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I wonder if Larian can chime in on this.

addict
addict
Hey xyz009,

thanks for the screenshots, I'll try out the situation when I get a chance to see if anything changed.
If possible, could do/answer these things for me?
1) What do you mean by "enemy starts 'mirroring' you new skills"?
2) If possible, could you repost this as a separate thread in Modding Troubleshooting? If we then find an answer to your issue, others will more easily find it.
3) I see you're making new entries with custom names. Do you also have skills that apply this XXFear and scripts that account for that new status? If you keep the same name (CauseFear instead of XXCauseFear, etc.) your new entry will override the existing one. That way you won't have to add scripting calls to handle your new Fear status.

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
X
stranger
stranger
X

K
stranger
stranger
K
I have a very similar question as OP. Sadly this thread hijacked really fast.. :(

I'd like to add a new damage type which deals piercing fire damage (piercing damage that gets reduced by fire resistance). Is this possible? If so creating an entirely new element should be pretty similar?

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard