Next Thread
Print Thread
#630975 14/10/17 10:51 PM
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
I'm talking about AI charming you through full magic armor right off the bat on the first turn, or chickening or knocking you down through full physical armor. I find this extremely annoying because it feels like I'm playing against AI that cheats. What the hell is up with that? Am I the only one that feels that way?

I'm talking about tactician difficulty, don't remember seeing that on regular. I can understand they wanted to make the fights more difficult, but this is not the way to do that. Give them more armor, make them hit harder, but don't let them break the rules I have to follow.

-Lou

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
CC's are calculated after the damage is taken, maybe that is your problem.

The AI does not cheat in this regard (it does on others, not that).

It could be that you're using characters with "Glass Cannon" as a talent, in which case the relevant character's armor is irrelevant for CC purposes (and the tooltip has that information).

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Sounds like you went glass cannon.

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Yeah, I think you're both right. It's the glass cannon. I just assumed it was things like surfaces. What did you mean with 'ai cheats in other ways' ?

Thx,
-Lou

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
The initiative system cheats in favour of the AI, all enemies have max Loremaster and will always know your resistances and talents, this sort of thing (there are more but these are the most obvious 2).

L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Hmm... What about the hit chance? I miss way too much with 100% hit chance and no obvious evasion/talent on npc's... Even when they're knocked down. In melee range.

-L

Originally Posted by NeoAnubis
The initiative system cheats in favour of the AI

How so? It's a terrible round-robin system that should be reverted back to initiative ordering, but it doesn't mean that it intrinsically favours the AI in any way.

Here's my thread on the subject.

veteran
veteran
I guess, he means, it cheats for the AI, because the AI is static. The AI won't improve its initiative, but the player can, so the player can be faster as the AI if he wishes for.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard