Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#631641 17/10/17 03:06 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I've been getting reports that my mod, Civil Auras, is having issues with Crafting Overhaul, specifically when it comes to icons rendering.

After activating both mods and investigating, here's what happens in the trader's inventory: Experiment 1
Some icons from Crafting Overhaul decide to go invisible if my books are located above them.
(Screenshot)
[Linked Image]

Further testing reveals: Experiment 2
Removing my books (that are above the dyes) let the icons appear like normal. What is going on?

I then tried moving my books back in, putting them below the dyes, and this happened: Experiment 3
My books icons went blank.

So it seems that with a certain number of mod icons, or combination of mod icons, certain icons decide to go blank (notice how not all the dye icons went blank).

A combination of the icons in the central trade window seemed to be fine:
(Screenshot)
[Linked Image]

The icons also seemed fine on the left side, in the player's inventory, but I have had cases where they go blank in the player's inventory as well.
(Screenshot)
[Linked Image]

So, what could this be? Is it an engine bug? An icon atlas bug?

I've looked through both our mod's files and I see nothing that would conflict. I prefixed everything in my Civil Auras mod in order to avoid conflicts, and Civil Auras doesn't overwrite any item, so the issue seems to be solely from both of us having icons. Civil Auras has about 6 icons, and I believe Crafting Overhaul has around 127.

The weird thing is that certain combinations of our icons, in certain places, all seem fine. I threw all the items into a backpack and nothing blanked out. So I'm really at a loss for how to fix this.

Last edited by LaughingLeader; 17/10/17 05:16 AM. Reason: Changed title, as this may affect vanilla icons as well.
apprentice
apprentice
It is very strange bug indeed.

For the one who will fix this, i will give some info:

I used texture atlas and created a new dds file on a package. I added some ui icons for skills, items and recipes on it.

Newly added items with vanilla icons are fine. (You can see scope lens isn't affected by this.) So it is most likely related with new texture.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Hi there! Just checking in because I'm one of the ones (if not the only one) who brought up this bug in the first place. I don't have screenshots to verify anymore, but it's not just custom icons that are affected.

When I had issues with the bug, yes, the dyes were off in the vendor. But when I'd move the books into my inventory, my entire row of runes would disappear. I fixed this by using the book.. but then when the runes came back, my tiny toy dressing room seperator thing went missing. They were all still there but the icons were gone!

Very strange.

addict
addict
Heya,

thanks for pointing this out to us. Indeed a pretty strange thing!
I put up a ticket for us to investigate smile

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
P
stranger
stranger
P
Made an account just to comment that I am also experiencing this issue.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard