Next Thread
Print Thread
W
Whiskiz Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
W
So after 15 hours or so, my game started crashing every time i went to load a save - quick load or manual.

Then the save files flat out started corrupting.

Then i reinstalled everything fresh and started again, only to about 15+ hours in start to game crash every load again.

Then my entire PC starts freezing when i enter Fort Joy - be it via waypoint or through the front door, which others seem to think is a memory leak problem in Fort Joy.

And i'm done, this game is literally unplayable.

I go online and see many many many many people and 7 page long threads having the same issues. Still. Game breaking insanely bad problems.

Still.

So i'd just like to ask, really guys?

Really?

Is this game made by teenagers still going through coding classes in school? Was the team from DoS1 replaced by cheap labor, for real?

Are these game breaking issues ever going to be resolved?

I'm glad i got this game for free, like i always do first, to try it out.

I'm amazed there isn't one downvote on steam about this (on the front page) and i definitely won't be spending money on it and will be very wary of Larian in the future.

What a letdown as this game was amazing, just like the first.

Y
apprentice
apprentice
Y
+1

I'm having the exact same problems, Larian doesn't seem to care much about the unlucky few that have gamebreaking bugs.

I have tried everything on their technical troubleshoot FAQ, made forum threads, checked all threads with similar issues and contacted e-mail support. None of it helped. I have been waiting for a fix for loading bugs/corrupted savefiles from two weeks after the release of the game.

It really feels like wasted money on a broken product.
Also I can't even get a refund anymore, because I thought supporting Larian, by buying the early access version of the game was a good idea. I guess that was my own fault though.

Last edited by Yuri Lowell; 27/10/17 05:33 PM.
W
Whiskiz Offline OP
banned
OP Offline
banned
W
The thing is though is that in this case it isn't just "the unlucky few" and with a random minor problem or some maybe personal hardware issue, it's many people with many pages of many threads having the same repeated and multiple *game breaking* issues.

I *never* have game breaking problems like this in a game, let alone all of the above in one, let alone this long after release and after these big patches.

Lucky for me the gaming industry has made me distrustful of everything and everyone to the point of getting this free first, even after what they did with the first game. I would be severely pissed off if i bought this on steam and still had these game breaking issues but couldn't get a refund. That's selling a blatantly broken product and keeping the money, as well as continuing to do so with the full knowledge of it....

No official updates on game breaking issues, no fixes for them still, i'm guessing most people bought this on steam and can't refund, because it seems like they don't have any motivation at all to fix what's wrong any time soon.

Money talks and when you can't take it back from steam, well, Larian has then still been paid for a product that is faulty and there is nothing you can do about it.

Nothing you can do but remember this the next time "Larian" release a game.

Last edited by Whiskiz; 27/10/17 10:06 PM.
Originally Posted by Whiskiz
•••snip•••
Lucky for me the gaming industry has made me distrustful of everything and everyone to the point of getting this free first, even after what they did with the first game. I would be severely pissed off if i bought this on steam and still had these game breaking issues but couldn't get a refund.
•••snip•••

So what is this “get it free first”?

Very interested in this and where to do this.
Also why you would expect a “free copy” to be supported by the developers.

Great last words.

Oh no. Not again...
veteran
veteran
Never had a CTD in +700 h, nor my friends, except with a modded game and if there is soo much people with those problems, I think the forum here and steam will be flooded with rants (wich is not). Seems like you are really a (un)lucky few. Talk to them and wait for a fix, they responded well when i had an issue in DoS

T
stranger
stranger
T
mine crashes about once a day or so, no mods just the vanilla game (like this game needs mods to have issues, lol)

ofc it'll happen that one time i forgot to save for a while too.

Y
apprentice
apprentice
Y
Check the technical problems forum, scroll trough it. Do the same thing in the steam technical problems forum and you see there are lot of post about these issues. Also how many people have these problems should not matter, it should still be adressed and fixed.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Crashes dozens of times each day

No mods, latest patch, everything updated, walked through the FAQ and NOTHING helps.

Buggiest game I have come across in the last couple of years. Should have downloaded from Pirate Bay instead of buying this crap!

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
In 95 hours, the game has never crashed once for me. In 170 hours, the toolset has though. I've also never experienced any freezes or save corruption.

If the game is crashing once a day, or dozens of times each day, I suggest the problem is on your end, or an incompatibility issue with your particular hardware. Providing logs, your hardware specs, crash dumps, and other information is a better way to troubleshoot than getting angry and posting nasty messages.

Also, talking about piracy in this forum is a huge no-no, and admitting to piracy on the developer's forum is, quite frankly, devoid of good sense. If you pirated the game, you don't have any right to support and you're entitled to nothing.

I'm glad i got this game for free, like i always do first, to try it out.

Lucky for me the gaming industry has made me distrustful of everything and everyone to the point of getting this free first, even after what they did with the first game.

Finally, pirated software aren't "trials," and pirating software isn't "getting something for free." It's copyright infringement, plain and simple.

LSLib Contributor | My Mods: DOS2, DOS2DE | 560K Steam Workshop Subscribers
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Ayath The Loafer
So what is this “get it free first”?

Very interested in this and where to do this.
Also why you would expect a “free copy” to be supported by the developers.

Quite. Not a very good idea to go on the official forums and complain about a game that one has admitted pirating.

Although it shouldn't need saying, don't, eh?

Last edited by vometia; 29/10/17 01:37 PM. Reason: grammar. I need sleep.

J'aime le fromage.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Just saying I paid for the game instead of downloading it and I want it to work

Y
apprentice
apprentice
Y
Most of the points he made are still valid though, even if he pirated the game.
I agree with him that the bugs are on the software side of dos2, not the hardware side.

An example; I've seen people with "hardware problems" on this forum/steamforum, which
technical support has told them were "hardware problems", that were able to play again after Larian patched their software. Then it makes absolutely no sense, it was their hardware failing.
It makes it look like support was dishonest and tried to get more time to fix faulty code.

A better way to go about this, is to be fair to the people with these problems. Making an offical statement on twitter, facebook or their own forum would go a long way. They still have not done that.

The point he made about refund policy is also valid. If your product does not work, there should be possibilities to get a refund. As it stands now, money doesn't talk.

I am curious how many people would get a refund.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Yuri Lowell
An example; I've seen people with "hardware problems" on this forum/steamforum, which technical support has told them were "hardware problems", that were able to play again after Larian patched their software. Then it makes absolutely no sense, it was their hardware failing. It makes it look like support was dishonest and tried to get more time to fix faulty code.

Most hardware compatibility issues can be corrected in code. Look up compatibility testing. There are an infinite number of possible hardware configurations, so it is impossible to achieve 100% test coverage. Only a subset of the most common target hardware configurations are tested, which means that configurations outside that subset are far more likely to exhibit issues. Also, just for some extra bit of trivia, hardware drivers are software, and often NVIDIA or AMD will introduce some feature or fix to their drivers that creates issues for games; these issues can be challenging to diagnose.

By the way, at the studio where I worked, we tested on only the minimum and recommended specs, in addition to our systems at our homes. We couldn't afford a compatibility testing lab. So, compatibility issues are common and often handled post-release by developers, even at the largest studios.

Originally Posted by Yuri Lowell
The point he made about refund policy is also valid. If your product does not work, there should be possibilities to get a refund. As it stands now, money doesn't talk.

Refunds are up to the store where you bought the product. Here's GOG's Money Back Guarantee and Steam's refund policy.

LSLib Contributor | My Mods: DOS2, DOS2DE | 560K Steam Workshop Subscribers
Y
apprentice
apprentice
Y
Originally Posted by fireundubh

Most hardware compatibility issues can be corrected in code. Look up compatibility testing. There are an infinite number of possible hardware configurations, so it is impossible to achieve 100% test coverage. Only a subset of the most common target hardware configurations are tested, which means that configurations outside that subset are far more likely to exhibit issues.

Even though it is impossible to get 100% test coverage. It is still the resposibility of the company releasing the game. It is pretty evident they did not have enough quality control/assurance. This also shows in the patches, which are creating a lot of new bugs, while fixing the old ones. And of course a lot of companies have these problems, but they adress these the right way. Also there should not be so many gamebreaking bugs, right after release, in such a highrated game. Larian should be very happy the game is so good (gameplay, design etcetera). I think they would have big problems reputation wise, sales wise, if it wasn't. It is also debatable, to assume all of these issues are actually compatibility issues. I had the same corrupting save game issue on the ps4, with the enhanced edition of dos1. Compatibility should not be problem on the ps4.

They should have delayed the game in my opinion. That would have prevented a lot of the current problems.

Originally Posted by fireundubh

Refunds are up to the store where you bought the product. Here's GOG's Money Back Guarantee and Steam's refund policy.

The point he made was, that there should be a way for me to let them know, I don't agree with how they are handling the issues at the moment. Buying the EA version of the game, helping them testing the game, should be worth something. Decent support as an example, I've still been getting condesending responses from e-mail support, like I am an idiot. I might be one, but that should not matter. A lot of people are idiots, they should still get a working game at the end of the day.

Steam doesn't have refund posibilities for early acces. This puts me, as a fan, in a weird position. At one hand I want to support them to make the best game possible, but at other hand I don't want to get burned for doing it. I don't think Larian would want this either. It is possible for them to contact steam and make refund period happen, they most likely won't do that though, but they could.

Last edited by Yuri Lowell; 31/10/17 03:21 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard