Next Thread
Print Thread
#634417 28/10/17 11:29 PM
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
So I've got my mod working, but after I generated AI in RC_Main the first time to get my pathing going I received some errors at the end, which I clicked to ignore out of an abundance of caution.

I see that AI Generation on original levels can cause "corruption" issues and it says that in the Known Issues post that areas that need help are flagged [DATA] and need to be painted manually.

How can I identify these issues and fix them? Otherwise I get a "dependencies/corruption" message when loading my game, which works perfectly fine that I can tell, but won't be available to play in multiplayer until I get it fixed.

Given that this was the only point I received any errors (I wasn't screwing with anything on the mainland at all, I only placed a cup down to teleport to the completely separate area I'm building), I assume it is a pathing error.

Any advice is appreciated so that I can find the broken AI generation and fix it.

Hi AceofCrazy,

This is something that will be fixed in the next patch. The gist of it is that, while most pathing is generated automatically, some parts need to be painted manually by designers and artists to allow for more versatility. To fix this now you would need to go over the entire map and compare the AI grid before generating it and after generating it, and then manually paint the differences. The error message is not something you will be able to avoid.

Last edited by Larian_JB; 30/10/17 08:15 AM.
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Thank you so much for taking the time for this reply!

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard