Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
So my mod is finally complete, yay! You can see it here on the Steam workshop:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1188603260

I'm currently correcting some pathing issues from the AI generation that let my buddies and I walk through some rivers. I'm hand-painting those.

My real issue is that terrain effects seem to be all over the place. There is fire in some spots, clouds in others, and poison, etc that don't belong there and these don't appear in the editor when I'm testing.

For example: I'll paint a Source puddle in a spot and it'll look great in the editor. When I save and load up an actual file that takes me back to that spot (in this instance, Reaper's Coast) it will not be there.

I find it troubling even more so because as I was running around in my mod in-game, I found a Source puddle where it shouldn't be in one of my new additions to the game (it looked like a Source puddle I had placed in the editor had moved on its own to an entirely different location on the same terrain).

This is leading me to believe, and I hope I'm wrong, that some terrain effects such as Source and Fire may be moved for some reason to different locations of the map. And these are just two examples.

The alternative resolution is that my old save game just isn't compatible and that is what is borking things up to some degree. I haven't made it to my mod in a new game as of yet.

Is there any reason terrain effects would be showing up all over the place in my edited version of Reaper's Coast(poison, fire, electric clouds, etc.)? Because, as I said, in the editor and during editor testing things are perfectly fine (except for the terrain river thing, which is corrected easily enough).

Thanks!

Last edited by AceofCrazy; 02/11/17 07:58 PM.
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
So it was my old save games being incompatible, yay! On to sharpening the mod now!

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard