Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Good evening! I'm having some trouble solving the last piece of the puzzle in completely integrating my new Origin character. Her personal character script is ready, default recruitment points, dialogues and all is working fine. But...

I can't for the love of chocolate find how to define a default appearance for her in the character creation process. Pink hair just don't work for her character 😏

I've been unable to find any wiki regarding the subject, so... Any ideas?

T
addict
addict
T
Normally, if you edit that character in the editor, the visual set you selected in the side bar should be what's the default in character creation.

Purple/pink colours often indicate invalid/missing materials/textures though.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
No alterations have been made to any materials / visual sets or anything. It's just a default female hero character model straight from the root template browser. The only thing I have done is precisely that, use the indices to make her look how I want by default, yet she becomes somewhat of a.. Horizon Zero Dawn protagonist once I meet her in game [Linked Image]

And, everything looks right int the character creation, except for the hair. It is pink. But changing colors around gives the right colors again.

Last edited by The Composer; 05/12/17 12:14 PM.
L
L
What looks like her hair isn't actually hair, it's a hat. Specifically, it's an instance of the ITEMGUID_EQ_Armor_Mage_C_Helmet_A_8b19add8-2cd8-4c20-b7e2-1d750a90c91c root template.

It's probably part of her starting outfit.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Odd, well that could perhaps explain that at least. Maybe that is also why her hair is pink in Character creation, as it's looking for a "hat" that's not there?

old hand
old hand
I think Composer may have been misunderstood at first (or I misunderstood him). I see the same issue in my custom character creation. When I send a player to the character creation re-spec UI, they always start with a default hair value that is set to 'Miller' but appears pink/purple rather than its actual color.

Beginning of Character Creation ('Miller' hair colour appears pink/purple):
[Linked Image]

After changing hair colour forward once and then back to 'Miller' it gets correct color
[Linked Image]

When I enter character creation, I get these warnings in the editor:

[net] NETMSG_CHARACTER_COMPANION_CUSTOMIZATION received which has a character without player data.

Category: Code
Count: 1
Timestamp: 05-12-2017 18:58:35:553
Function: ecl::CharacterProtocol::ProcessMsg

eoc::CharacterCreationManager::GetHairColorByValue failed. Hair color with value 4281083173 doesn't exist. Returning default color.

Category: Code
Count: 1
Timestamp: 05-12-2017 18:58:35:637
Function: eoc::CharacterCreationManager::RaceDesc::GetHairColorByValue
Location: EoCShared\Shared\CharacterCreationManager.cpp (2003)

Last edited by Windemere; 05/12/17 07:09 PM.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard