Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I was in the Tower in the maze and after I emerged my entire world map had went completely black apart from the small area around my character. The quest markers are still shown but the way points are not.

I tried to reload an earlier save but when I did the map was also all black. I loaded a save from very early on and again the entire map is black. Is there any known ways to fix to this?

Even a cheat/command that unlocks the whole map would be better than this...

R
stranger
stranger
R
Got the same problem. After the new patch my entire world map was wiped and i have to re-explore everything.

Questmarks are there but nothing else unless i go there and re-explore.

Tried restarting, the game, steam and the computer. Nothing helps.

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
It's a nightmare! I don't want to re-explore everywhere as it's so time consuming and my worry is that it just goes black again anyway.

Furthermore, a lot of areas I explored I'm unable to get to again. e.g. inside Fort Joy as that would cause a huge fight with the Magisters!

I don't know what to do! I think I'll just keep playing and pray that the devs see this and have a solution.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
I got same problem. Worldmap is completely unexplored now.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Same problem here - oddly, when I visit a waypoint it remembers all of the waypoints I've been, so it doesn't look like a complete 'reset'.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Got the same issue here. World map is totally unexplored again but it remembers all the waypoints I've been to.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Same issue here. Is anyone NOT having this problem today? Wondering if affecting all users or just a small few? Might impact whether or not it is fixed.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hey guys I've been doing some looking and on steam they say they are looking into it, here is the link to the discussion if you want to keep up with it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/0/1699415798760497815/

F
stranger
stranger
F
Same issue my map is completely black now. This is a show stopper imo

Support
Support

The cause of this problem (affecting saves in Fort Joy) has been determined, and there will be a hotfix to address this.

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Thank you! smile

F
stranger
stranger
F
Awesome thank you

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
The hotfix works for me, thank you!

R
stranger
stranger
R
Rediscoverd 70 % of the map and now it reset AGAIN!!!

BTW does "Shroud progress" mean discovered map? Then WARNING! DO NOT PLAY ANYMORE ON ANY GAME SAVED UNDER PATCH 6! Your map will reset over and over again.

"Fixed losing shroud progress after loading a savegame in patch6 (unfortunately, savegames made in patch 6 cannot be fixed, so you may want to load savegames that were made before if you want your shroud back)"

T
stranger
stranger
T
Same happened to me. Tried re exploring the map and now it's completey dark again.
Every time i launch the game i have to re explore.

stranger
stranger
Hi,

I am having this problem.

I am playing on a macbook pro 2017 through gog. Is there anything I can do?

The map resets anytime I restart the game.

Thanks!

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
The other posts were from February and there was mention of a hot patch. I don't know if it was ever released but, due to the time lag, likely. I'd investigate if I were you.

Support
Support

The hotfix was released, and it was for the Classic version of the game.

blasphenomen;

Does it matter if you load a save on the ship or after getting to Fort Joy?

During the same play session, is there any problem when reloading the current or previous saves?

In OSX, what file system are you using? I think case-insensitive APFS is default since High Sierra (HFS+ case-insensitive before that). You can check in Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities).
If you are using a case sensitive file system, try creating a new OSX administrator user account with the Documents folder on case insensitive partition, if available, switch to that account and try starting the game from there to test.
If you are using a case insensitive file system, you could still try a new account with a Documents folder on a different drive, if available.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus and any backup programs that may be monitoring the Documents folder?

If you create a new profile, start a new game, explore a bit and save, does the map reset after restarting the game?

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

Try browsing to the ~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/LevelCache folder and delete the contents. A corrupt file there can cause problems, generally when saving or loading.

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos2@larian.com with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), and maybe one from the ship section, if available. If you are using any non-Larian mods, also include a list of those enabled and/or the modsettings.lsx file from your profile folder.
Each save is a folder in the '/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames/Story' folder.
In Finder you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting compress.

Also include the rest of your system specs (you can use the 'System Report' button from the 'About This Mac' Apple menu item, or the 'System Information' app in the utilities folder), including the OS version number.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard