Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Didn't Larian mention something back in '17 and not right at the end of the year, that they would be forthcoming with special announcements of new things for DOS2? Have those things been mentioned to us yet? Thanks in advance.

apprentice
apprentice
Exactly. What's up with all the mystery, Larian? Are you being lazy? $$$ and success made you soft? We need three more games: (1) D:OS 3; (2) Sci-fi theme with D:OS engine; (3) A surprise RPG game to rule them all...

journeyman
journeyman
My party and I love the GM feature and have started doing our own campaigns periodically while we finish the story line.

I'd like to see just a few key features added to the GM mode: ability to import/export player chars; either make it possible to possess just one NPC (rather than all) or make it really easy to toggle between AI and GM control.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by mbpopolano24
Exactly. What's up with all the mystery, Larian? Are you being lazy? $$$ and success made you soft? We need three more games: (1) D:OS 3; (2) Sci-fi theme with D:OS engine; (3) A surprise RPG game to rule them all...

Referencing this from back in October, I was wondering if something was announced and I missed it.

https://gamingbolt.com/divinity-original-sin-2-dev-has-couple-of-surprises-planned-for-coming-months

Last edited by Horrorscope; 22/03/18 12:29 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I'd like to know as well, especially if there will be the obligatory(?) Enhanced Edition with the console release? Yes/no/maybe? smile

veteran
veteran
As far as I recall, Swen denied any plans for an EE.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Any news about the 'something wicked' that was promised last october? Game has been out for more than six months (time flies).

I hope the 'surprise' is not the announced console ports. While I'm happy people without a pc will be able to get a taste of this wonderful rpg, I would like to see something more released for divinity os 2: even it is something as small as a new origin character.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
can we expect some sort of expansion for this game? the ending is as much of a cliffhanger as an ending can be

not anytime soon of course, but i don't know how larian typically operates when it comes to this kind of thing

veteran
veteran
If I remember correctly, there is nothing planned, no Enhanced Edition or anything else.

V
stranger
stranger
V
No reason for an EE this time around. It was done with DoS1 because they were able to go back and do things they weren't originally able to. This time around they had the funds to basically do everything they wanted and anything after that they have just patched in.

Back on topic it would be nice to hear about any of the 3 things mbpopolano24 mentioned...

M
stranger
stranger
M
The console version will be a sort of EE with some changes and tweaks. Hopefully these will be implemented also in a future patch. A shame if there is no expansion planned. The D:OS2 could use a better closure of its story as the ending is a real cliffhanger

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Kalrakh
If I remember correctly, there is nothing planned, no Enhanced Edition or anything else.

So this was just a nothing-burger?

https://gamingbolt.com/divinity-original-sin-2-dev-has-couple-of-surprises-planned-for-coming-months

C
stranger
stranger
C
Maybe they were really enthusiastic but now they dont know if it would be worth investing time/money because alot ? people dont like the new armor system. Its really sad because you can clearly see how much love was put into the game.

But I know I wouldnt pay money in that state for an expansion or something. Combat is the most important factor for me.

In case you are asking, I just came back to see if something has changed or announced.

No fights please, if you like the armor system then good for you (really dont mean it ironic).

V
stranger
stranger
V
... Unless I'm at a massive misunderstanding here, have you taken a look at the top of this site? It pretty clearly says D:OS 2 Definitive Edition August '18. And while the armour system may not be everyone's favorite, I don't think it's bad enough to justify disregarding anything else.
Also, Enhanced Edition for D:OS was free for owners of the the basic game, and so will be the Definitive Edition for D:OS 2, according to what they said on their facebook page.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by crusher1980
people dont like the new armor system.

People do like it. DOS2 has a 93 on Metacritic. It has sold a ton of copies.

DOS2 constantly gets praise for its combat and gameplay. Removing RNG from CC was brilliant and makes the game consistently challenging. I have to make my voice heard because everyone I know thinks DOS2 has some of the best turn-based combat ever, and I don't want a vocal minority to change it.

Last edited by vometia; 19/05/18 04:54 AM. Reason: formatting
veteran
veteran
Consistently challenging? Combat is even more boring than in the late game of the first game. But in the end this is subjective, I guess.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Very much consistently challenging. You have challenging encounters in Act 1, yet Act 4 still has a lot of good encounters (the Doctor, the final battle, the toy room, the double trolls, the lizard arena). Usually RPGs, especially turn based ones, don't stay that consistent.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Except act 2 is a cakewalk after the start, same as almost all of act 3. Not quite finished with act 4 yet, but while it did have a few more challenging fights (not exactly hard in comparison to act 2-3), but far, FAR from consistent.
Also just because people like the game in general, doesn't mean they like each and every aspect.
I do very much enjoy the combat as well. And would say it's probably one of the better games coming out recently (if it's your type of game, at least).
And removing RNG from combat is a very nice change, I fully agree on that as well. The implementation of the armour system is far from good, though. And certainly not the reason that combat is "consistently challenging".

A
veteran
veteran
A
I'm still wondering whether there will be a *physical* release for the PC of DOS2 ?

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard