Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I want to create weapons and armor based off in game divine/legendary weapons/armor. How do I go about doing this? Am fairly novice in the modding area. I have the game data engine running through steam but I can't seem to find a way to create a weapon/armor.

old hand
old hand
If all you are looking to do is copy some existing items in the game and modify their stats, etc., then you can find the weapons and armor in the root template menu, right mouse click on it and choose "Create new from selected...". After you give it a unique name you can edit that new root template item with the changes you want. Once you have a root template item, you can place it in the world somewhere, add it treasure tables, etc.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Windemere
If all you are looking to do is copy some existing items in the game and modify their stats, etc., then you can find the weapons and armor in the root template menu, right mouse click on it and choose "Create new from selected...". After you give it a unique name you can edit that new root template item with the changes you want. Once you have a root template item, you can place it in the world somewhere, add it treasure tables, etc.

Yes, but my root template menu is empty. Do I need to enter sandbox?

In the resource manager if go to Shared->Assets->Items->Weapons, select WPN_Common_Sword_2H_A and choose "Create new from selected" it says "no available packages!"

Edit: In the sidebar it seems I can edit the weapon, there are lots of redudant options. The stats field opens the stats editor. But i get "This file cannot be edited, because it is not located in your current project" error in the stats editor.

Edit: I did create a package inside mymodname folder in the resource manager, now i got WPN_Common_Axe_1H_B_00 but it says it is a visual resource, is this is full weapon? In Shared->Assets->Items->Weapons, the type field says PhysicsResource/TextureResource etc. Somehow I think this is not the full weapon. Where do I start off from a simple axe/sword etc?

Edit: So, I clicked load in the root templates menu and now I think what you were saying works. Just need to figure out how to customize the weapon now.

Last edited by themagicalyang; 21/04/18 05:04 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
The root template menu gets filled automatically after you load a level. I don't know why you have to do it manually if you only load a mod.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard