Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
123xzcs Offline OP
OP Offline
The screenshot below shows some contradictory radius values in the tooltips of grenades. For example, the Poison Cloud grenade description states 4m radius, while the radius stat on the bottom of the tooltip says 2m. The correct radius is 2m from testing.

Please correct the grenade tooltip info.

https://postimg.cc/image/pfp1xinj7/

Support
Support

Did you check the cloud / surface radius, as well? There's no reason a cloud or surface couldn't expand beyond the initial radius of the explosion.

123xzcs Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Raze

Did you check the cloud / surface radius, as well? There's no reason a cloud or surface couldn't expand beyond the initial radius of the explosion.

Thanks for your response, Raze.
Well, in my experience of tossing grenades, what you suggest simply doesn't happen in this game. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you meant, so feel free to elaborate on your point. But once a cloud is created over the ground, it doesn't tend to expand or leave its original confines. A cloud with a 2m radius will remain bounded within that 2m radius for its duration. Now, a unit standing just outside the radius, say 2.1m or 2.2m away from the center, may sometimes be affected by it due to the cloud's slightly non-circular and chaotic nature, but nothing beyond that really.

The clip below shows Ifan tossing a poison cloud grenade exactly 2.5m away from himself (plus a firestorm grenade on top of that, and then another poison cloud on top of that with added fire explosion). I repeated that multiple times, and Ifan was never affected by any of it. This confirms that the poison cloud radius is 2m as stated in the bottom stat of the tooltip, and not 4m as stated incorrectly in the tooltip description.

I also tossed a smoke grenade 3.5m away. Ifan was not affected by the cloud, which confirms that the smoke radius is 3m, and not 4m as stated in the tooltip description.

Last edited by 123xzcs; 08/08/18 03:27 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard