Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sil Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ever since definitive edition update, I had this annoying issue:

The game starts and runs fine, no lag, no glitches, no technical issues; I can alt-tab out of it or get discord pop ups out of combat, it works fine.

But then once in combat, if the game's window gets alt-tabbed out of, or another program goes into foreground during enemy combat turn, the game freezes dead and the application hangs until closed.

I've submitted a few bug reports, but I'd also like to holler about it here just so the devs might notice.

I'm running the game on PC, via steam on Windows 7.

Last edited by Sil; 08/09/18 04:09 PM.
Sil Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Running game's exe with admin rights directly from game folder didn't help.

Bumping for visibility / possible solutions?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hey, I'm playing coop with my friend and we both have this problem.

Both on pc win 7, he's the host.

After alt tabbing out of the game, trying to focus back to it when it's your turn in combat crashes that players game. Same problem in compatibility mode and in fullscreen/windowed/borderless. We still love the game and will keep playing, but sometimes turns get a bit long and it's nice to check a webpage every so often. I'll keep looking for a fix but post here if anyone else has this issue.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Running into this issue as well.

A super shitty "workaround" I've found is hitting Space, then Ctrl-Alt-Del, then cancelling out of the Windows menu screen. The game will unfreeze, but you lose your entire turn.

Definitive Edition
Win 7
With and without mods
With and without admin/compatibility enabled
With all window types

veteran
veteran
Running any "cpu boosters" or otherwise software advertising of improving video game performance?

Graphics card model and driver version?

If more than one person experiences the same issue, it may be good to find out if there some common denominator. Under steam apps, in the game folder, you should also find crash dumps. Sending those in to Larian could be an idea smile

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard