Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#650813 07/11/18 10:27 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I haven't found any workaround for this, and didn't get any answer for my first post, so I'm kinda reposting (sorry for that)

So I noticed I can't use the definitive editor, because the camera doesn't work. It is there, but I cannot move it with my mouse, cannot change the orientation, cannot zoom in/out with the scroll. Only wasd/arrows make the camera move, but not always on the first try.
I also cannot use any interaction mode.
In a basic level, the mouse controls in play mode won't work either, I can't even click on the terrain to make the dummy move. It will sometimes move if I click outside of the terrain.

The thing is, scrolling, right clicking, and changing the camera orientation does work in the 3D preview.
The definitive edition game and the classic engine both work perfectly.

If anyone has any pointers to how I could resolve this (like a specific configuration of the engine?)

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Update:

It worked twice, and I have zero idea what made it work.
I uninstalled and reinstalled, tried with imported mods from the classic engine and new levels, looked at the message log to see if there was any type of error when
I used the mouse, same with the command stack history. I can only select/deselect or create/delete objects in the Eyes of a Child window, that is also the only thing showing in the command stack.
No answers on the internet either, I guess I'll just keep using the classic engine and hope for the best when I upload in the def ed for publishing...

W
stranger
stranger
W
Hi - I'm having this exact same issue. Did you ever find a resolution for it? Since I don't think throwing my PC out the window will fix it, I was wondering if you have any suggestions on what I can do about it.

Thanks! smile

stranger
stranger
I have the same problem (Windows7 user), what I found (not a real solution) was to click on reduce(or reduce the window in any way) then go back to it. Magically the camera works great again. I have to do it everytime though, so I would be interested in a better solution.

I also modified the options in the engine to make the camera move more accurately (like the previous engine).

Hope this helps a little

addict
addict
If the camera doesn't move, the game might have lost focus and it wasn't recognized.
Try selecting a different window, not related to the editor. Like Windows File Explorer, the window start button, etc. and then focus on the Editor again.
This generally resets focus and gives mouse control back to the Editor.

CTRL+K the elf

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard