Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
As the title states, Patch2.pak (the december 5 update) broke modding for DE GameMaster Mode.
I was able to resolve the issue with
[Linked Image]
but when one of my subscribed mods updated today the issue returned.

Again removing Patch2.pak from ...\\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\Data and starting a new GM Game and save, then exiting the game and putting Patch2.pak back fixed the issue for me but this is getting extremely annoying especially as people now have begun blaming my mods for causing the error.

Any word that you are aware of the issue and are working on a fix would be very much apreciated as this error cause extremely long downloads when starting a game session with other players.

Last edited by Redunzgofasta; 26/12/18 03:26 PM.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Please Larian, fix this! This bug broke my campaign, which I stream every week, not cool. frown

Red, do you mean create a GM game, save, exit, put patch2.pak back and load the same GM game or can I load a previous save (which is the campaign I've been playing the last weeks).

UPDATE: I fixed my issue by deleting LadyCassandra's mod More Character Colors [Definitive Edition] after I saw some people saying that they had this issue if PetPal from LadyCassandra.

Last edited by Avallac'h; 28/12/18 02:06 AM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I meant load/start any game/save after putting Patch2.pak back.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Same issue

as soon as the GM table background loads i get the same error message.
Im unable to start a GM session with any other player with no mods activated or subscribed.
my player have to download stuff and after it loads they crash out of the game!

stranger
stranger
My friend and I have been testing some interesting interactions regarding this Patch2.pak Bug.

First, we opted to just clean our mod folders and re-download our mods as a sort of clean save. At first you can join cleanly but as you play the game and then come back and try to rejoin as a player you have to download Patch2.pak.

Second, we opted to delete Patch2.pak on the hosts end from the defEd data folder. This caused the game to download Patch1_TDE.pak to the non-hosts . We then opted for the host to delete that file and then the game decided to download Patch1_Hotfix4.pak to the non-hosts documents mod folder. We then did the same for Patch1_Hotfix4.pak and the game started downloading Patch1_Hotfix2.pak to the non-hosts documents defed mod folder.

Third step was to try with no mods and it the game did NOT download anything to the non-hosts mod folder.

Fourth we decided to try specific mods to see if it is a mod issue. We found Armor Based Saving Throws, Crafting Overhaul, and Astroyka's Traders to cause non-hosts to download Patch2.pak as of 12/30/2018.

I have no idea whether this is a modder issue or Larian issue but i wanted to help by reporting our findings in hopes someone can figure out why.

As soon as these mods were disabled all of our Patch2.pak problems were gone.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard