Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mulrich Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
At first, I thought this was a respec mirror thing again, but I noticed upon testing by starting a new game that the game no longer uses those sweet original hand-drawn portraits at all, instead defaulting to some generated ones instead. The reason I put [BUG?] in the title is simply because I don't know whether this is intentional. If it is intentional, I can't say I agree with the decision, but at least it isn't a bug to be fixed.

stranger
stranger
I was going to write a post about this too but noticed this one is still unanswered.
It definitely looks like a bug to me so here are some examples:

[Linked Image]

(for some reason the image doesn't show after posting...so just check the link: bugged portraits)

I think it came with one of the patches. I checked the screenshots on steam and it's been affecting everyone for a long time (maybe new players never got to see the original portraits so they don't know any better).
It may not be game breaking but it's still a shame to lose some of the details and hard work that went into this game.

I hope somebody addresses it...

Last edited by vometia; 01/03/19 12:03 PM. Reason: formatting
Support
Support

This was a deliberate change with the portrait system.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

This was a deliberate change with the portrait system.

Wow...that's...quite surprising really (I might have missed reading that particular update).
Any chance you guys might reconsider? I mean...just look how wonderful the first ones looked (Tarquin looks less likely to survive the first encounter now hahaha)

stranger
stranger
I am sorry for reviving a old post, but is there any specific reason this choice was made? Personaly I just don't see it. The new system does not improve the origin portraits.

Support
Support

It was part of an overhaul of the portrait system, but I do not know why it was done that way.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard