Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
veteran
veteran
S
i better not tell you that beamdog already had concepts for baldurs gate 3 lying around..

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Sordak
Beamdog did a terrible job with everything.
They added nothing, charge a way too high price, make it impossible to buy the originals without their awfull OC donut steel EEs and their expansion to Baldurs Gate was almost universally loathed.

I supposed NWN EE at least didnt break anything, but it also didnt add anything new.

o.o I understand if you do not like Beamdog´s BGEE, but those are a lot of objetively false assertions about Beamdog´s EE versions.

Last edited by _Vic_; 01/07/19 04:10 AM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
such as?
I mean sure i cannot prove that Siege of Dragonspear was universally loathed, because you cant realy prove public opinoin, but i dont know anyone that liked it.
and almost all sites that i frequent dislike it.
As for the actual changes the EE made, i cant think of a lot here that cannot be done with mods.

veteran
veteran
Starting with the fact that even you changed your statement from "added nothing" to "The actual changes EE made"?

S
veteran
veteran
S
Alright i had to reread my first post because this was mereley a shortened version of another post i already made.
They added nothing that wasnt arleady covered by modding.
Even adding the character options from BG2 to BG1 was a thing you could already doing with modding.

apprentice
apprentice
Alright i had to reread my first post because this was mereley a shortened version of another post i already made.
They added nothing that wasnt arleady covered by modding.
Even adding the character options from BG2 to BG1 was a thing you could already doing with modding.

Really? Which mod adds dynamic zooming?

Last edited by BillyYank; 02/07/19 03:47 PM.

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK
S
veteran
veteran
S
Im fairly convinced the widescreen mod does that, i have it for Icewind dale 2 and it works pretty fine (it should work on all infinity engine games)

apprentice
apprentice
Nope. I tried it on IWD 2 and you're stuck with whatever resolution you pick at the start. Plus the way the UI is split up is really clunky. I ended up quitting around the ice wall. Too spoiled, I guess. Add to that the ease of modding now available, and it looks even worse. UI modding is so easy now, even I was able to make one.

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNK
S
stranger
stranger
S
Persistent World database tools like NWNx (and editing tools for custom character skills/items/terrain as new 5ed D&D books are released) built into BG3 would be an AWESOME addition for the multiplayer longevity of the game; once the singleplayer campaign is completed and players are starving for more content, the community can develop mini MMO servers for all shapes and sizes. Turn-based combat could function like Divinity 2 where you remain outside in real-time until you attack a combatant or get noticed by them.

old hand
old hand
I want a CRPG sequel to Desert of Desolation, the old FR adventure module, but set in current 5e time. Explore Mulhorand, Tymanther, Unther, Chessenta, Okoth, the ruins of Bakar and Imaskar, the Shadowfell and Feywild reflections of the region, explore the Celestial Nidar.

veteran
veteran
They added nothing, charge a way too high price, make it impossible to buy the originals without their awfull OC donut steel EEs and their expansion to Baldurs Gate was almost universally loathed.

I supposed NWN EE at least didnt break anything, but it also didnt add anything new.

Sorry man, you're wrong. While I Highly Disapprove of Beamdog's focus on Console only, that day comes close and then you will see the big changes (x64 and new renderer, for one).

stranger
stranger
As a longtime NWN EE player, since launch - I can tell you it's been a mixed bag at best. My current largest two gripes are that it introduced a bug where creature's in AoE's do not always get detected and affected by the effect. The other is a memory leak that guarentee's a crash within 4 - 5 hours of play. Both bugs have persisted across several versions and definitely did not exist in 1.69.

On the other hand, hak autodownloader and a new playerlist as well a revitalization of it's online community has certainly been welcome.

veteran
veteran
To be honest, I played NWN EE a while ago. I think my memories were tinted by nostalgia.
The UI, the graphics and the combat itself are very clunky. The IA of the companions is stupid at its best. Worse for casters. The game controls are not only outdated but frankly annoying ( I can still play deus Ex or Ultima, games as old as this, and they are far player-friendly).
I also did not remember the OC being so boring and empty. The companions are mostly lifeless puppets. We abandoned the game in the asylum because urgh!
The game did not age well.

Hotu and shadows and Daggerford are still fantastic, but I think I am now accustomed to actually control my entire party, equip them and level them up manually. Multiplayer is not that bad, with plenty of persistent worlds.

I prefer a party based game like NWN2 any day of the week in single player. I hope they make an NWN3 or an NWN2EE that brings back modders to the game. Most mods and PW are now outdated or abandoned. You can never have enough D&D, Dark eye or CRPG-based games.

Last edited by _Vic_; 10/07/19 11:31 PM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
sadly NWN3 got killed by it beeing turned into a f2p MMO

veteran
veteran
Ed: You mean Sword coast legends? I do not really like that game or the spell/skill implementation. I didn´t play much, I have to say.

Gods, also not another Warhammer: vermintide please.

Last edited by _Vic_; 10/07/19 09:04 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

Sorry man, you're wrong. While I Highly Disapprove of Beamdog's focus on Console only, that day comes close and then you will see the big changes (x64 and new renderer, for one).

I don't know what renderers do/mean

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

I don't know what renderers do/mean

http://blog.beamdog.com/2019/03/beamdog-update-march-19-2019.html

S
veteran
veteran
S
i mean Neverwinter the MMO.

Originally neverwinter was supposed to be NWN3 but in 4E. (thus the name change)
Thats why Neverwitner also had a map editor despite beeing an MMO.
During development tho it got sold to an MMo company and made into an F2P MMO, which turned it into a very grind heavy game.

Which is a shame, the graphics are nice, the combat is, for an action MMO, pretty good and it releases content packs based on all new DnD Modules:
Its basically unplayable tho since its so grind and P2W intensive that its a waste of your time and money.

IDK what your problem with vermintide is, i personally think Vermintide is the best implementation of the Left 4 Dead genre yet and also the game that nails the Warhammer feel the best, besides maybe TWW2 which does a better job at showing the non Old World factions.

Last edited by Sordak; 11/07/19 11:08 AM.
veteran
veteran
@Sordak I´ve got no problem with W: Vermintide per se. I just do not want an NWN4 or BG game as a coop action online game with no single-player campaign.

I prefer W: Mordheim or Total war: warhammer, to be honest, but Vermintide is one of the best if you like that type of game.

And yeah, I also tried NWN MMO, you are right in your evaluation.

old hand
old hand
I think the NW MMO is a very poor attempt to adapt 4e to a video game, I mean how do you screw up the one edition that was specifically designed for MMOs?

Ironically the only MMO I play or have an interest in is Star Trek online. It can be grindy, but only if you are obsessive about collecting stuff. You can just buy a great C-Store ship or ship packs and just play episdoes and missions, with zero grind. If you don't
have your heart set on a particular ship, I suggest either the Cardassian Intel Ship pack (one of my personal favourites) or the 31st century pack, because both packs ships can be used by Characters of any faction, are really fun, and have lots of features. Best value for money.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard