Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
stranger
stranger
Im not deciding who is a true fan or gatekeeping. Its obvious hearts are worn on sleeves here and people are sensative instead of looking at the corporate design of the studio and companies involved. Im not at all offended by the remarks. My statement of fans extends to the fact that there are many of you claiming that it will be bad if the game is not rtwp, even though larian wotc stated that format is not how dnd is played because the game has never been played like that. So it seems that people are fans of a video game that has gameplay that is not at all the same as tt. Which larian and wotc are trying to do, make a video game like the tt by using what works. And to the johnny come lately comment jist because someone joins a forum stating something you disagree with doesnt mean you can assess whats being said without knowing its meaning or context. I even said i mean no offense because i know ppl on the net are extremely sensative and most ppl cant take difference of information. You guys can keep your stances and attitudes it wont change what larian or wotc is doing.

If you dont like dos gameplay why play it? Why be on the board with harshness if you just do nothing but be mean with ppl?

Im sure you guys are much older than i am but sadly still assume, or let personal views cloud your judgement on corporations, and studios and how they work. Better to be a young person willing to learn than an old person hanging on to things that do not work in a modern corporate format.

I didnt say tb was better no need to get heated. But rtwp statement is actually untrue. Not sure why you play divinity(if you did) and being upset about tb though, if youre so smart play without pausing every 5 sec, stutter stutter lol...i dont reccomend you play mmos. Not to mention you pausing for ages to think...ok but like i said tb and rounds is just the name of the game i never one is better you did.

Last edited by Laith; 25/08/19 09:58 AM.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Can you please take the RTwP vs Turn Base debate to the thread it belongs in and not hi-jack my thread about New Interviews.

http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=653989&page=1

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Ok, not a new interview but this was in the Gazette #2.

A WORD FROM THE LARIAN TEAM
Make sure to follow Larian on social media, and click Youtube’s notification bell, to make sure you never miss exclusive coverage of the excess of shenanigans to come.

For those of you hungry for Baldur’s Gate 3 news, stay tuned - once the floodgates will be opened, there will be no end to it.

If you want to support us, make sure to wishlist the game here

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
Ok, not a new interview but this was in the Gazette #2.

A WORD FROM THE LARIAN TEAM
Make sure to follow Larian on social media, and click Youtube’s notification bell, to make sure you never miss exclusive coverage of the excess of shenanigans to come.

For those of you hungry for Baldur’s Gate 3 news, stay tuned - once the floodgates will be opened, there will be no end to it.

If you want to support us, make sure to wishlist the game here

I had speculated that Larian studios was holding it's powder so as not to spoil or eciplse Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus, but once BG: DiA is released that we might get new info being released

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

I had speculated that Larian studios was holding it's powder so as not to spoil or eciplse Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus, but once BG: DiA is released that we might get new info being released

They can simply reveal some ingame footage or gameplay details without any sort of story-related details, so we get some idea what the game will be like or play like. That wouldn't spoil anything. Unless they have nothing to reveal other than the story. "Alright folks, here's some BG3 news for ya: the story will go like this, you will be this guy, your story starts after events of BG:DiA, you investigate this event that happens during BG:DiA." No one really gives a crap what the story will be like because that's what we're supposed to find out ourselves by playing the game. What we really care about is what the game will *play* like. They can show this without spoiling anything.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 17/09/19 01:42 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
enthusiast
enthusiast
Is there any big gamer event before the Game awards on December 12 because that would be the most likely event for a BG3 gameplay reveal.

Last edited by Hawke; 17/09/19 01:54 PM.
Hawke #655585 17/09/19 02:27 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Hawke
Is there any big gamer event before the Game awards on December 12 because that would be the most likely event for a BG3 gameplay reveal.

http://www.eventsforgamers.com/

Hawke #655601 18/09/19 11:57 AM
old hand
old hand

It doesn't have to be tied to a convention, they said watch their social media, so that suggests new info will roll out via social media.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Try2Handing
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic

They can simply reveal some ingame footage or gameplay details without any sort of story-related details, so we get some idea what the game will be like or play like. That wouldn't spoil anything. Unless they have nothing to reveal other than the story. "Alright folks, here's some BG3 news for ya: the story will go like this, you will be this guy, your story starts after events of BG:DiA, you investigate this event that happens during BG:DiA." No one really gives a crap what the story will be like because that's what we're supposed to find out ourselves by playing the game. What we really care about is what the game will *play* like. They can show this without spoiling anything.

I don't think they wanted to risk. Whatever their reasons I do think they were waiting until after BG: DiA was released.

old hand
old hand
https://dnd.dragonmag.com/2019/08/27/in-the-works-aventurers-league/content.html

BG 3 is mentioned in this months Dragon+, but no new info.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Not a new interview but a tweet from Larian Studios.

Do you think this is a picture from BG3?

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1176226714596384774

[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
Looks more like Fallen Heroes material smile

Good lord, I hope not.

old hand
old hand
The post says "The only ship greater than the Lady Vengeance is friendship"... You're telling me after reading this you *still* think it's something related to BG3?

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
enthusiast
enthusiast

[Linked Image]

The Elf is clearly from Rivellon with her long neck and bark textures. Fallen heroes wad only in development for 2 years with a small team so it makes sense that the game looks like Original Sin 2. BG3 will definitely look very different.

Last edited by Hawke; 24/09/19 08:16 AM.
Hawke #655841 27/09/19 09:28 PM
old hand
old hand

[Linked Image]

The Elf is clearly from Rivellon with her long neck and bark textures. Fallen heroes wad only in development for 2 years with a small team so it makes sense that the game looks like Original Sin 2. BG3 will definitely look very different.

Yeah that is NOT an Forgotten Realms elf for sure.

old hand
old hand

old hand
old hand
"There are quite a lot of upgrades that have been done on BG3" this is why they are uncertain they will be able to port it to the current generation of the Switch. It makes me curious as to what kinds of upgrades have they made to BG3.

Wasn't it Larian who said they'd be supplying community updates as though this were still a crowdfunded game, despite not being one? I mean, I would imagine crowdfunded games would have frequent updates on development progress.

Can't help but feel it was a mistake to announce BG3 when they did instead of next year. With the lack of information and updates this game seems [to me] a ways off. I didn't follow DOS2 development, but we're getting the amount of information that Bethesda, who has poor communication, is giving on TESVI, which is like 6+ years out.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
It could be even though they don't have an exclusive agreement to have BG3 on one platform. They might have exclusive first Announcement and first show of the game with Stadia. (Just a theory, meaning we might not see anything until November).

I agree about the communication with the community. If the game were going to be released next year they would be telling us something about the game. They are failing on that point. They haven't even chimed in on the forums saying "Hey we are still working on the game". They don't even have a forum or announcements for the game that is supposed to be coming out this year. What was it called again? "DOS 2.5: What is this Ship?"

I would settle for some concept art of some of the common races at this point. I am hungry for information........ starving even. grin

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard