Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Well, I finally finished. Much easier if one doesn't kill everyone in Arx with deathfog before doing anything else. I finally realized that it was indeed me that did it by toying with a certain ominously named machine. Anyway, it appears that there are basically three endings. I chose to side with Dallis and company and feel that this is the "good" ending. Yes, no? I could see that one other possibility could be the good ending and the other? Definitely the "bad" ending. Looks like lots of room for a sequel too. The seven gods thing was getting constrictive too so, good that they are history (well, unless the story follows the line that the new character chose to become divine then helped the gods but, I hope not - seems as weak as they were, it'd be time to eliminate the competition).

EDIT: This was actually my THIRD try. Number one was a human, non-storied character that was hopelessly badly designed by act II. Then I used the Beast as the main character and accidentally killed everyone in Arx and was thus too low of a level to complete the game. Won with Lohse. Now I am working with sebille as the main character. I haven't decided the rest of the party yet but likely will include Ifan since he died the last two times at the Nameless Isle. I like having Fane around so I don't have to worry about lock picks but, we'll see.

Last edited by caninelegion; 07/02/20 11:37 PM.
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
That is an extremely loaded question. What are you role playing as? What are your characters goals?

One could view the god king as the one true ruler. In this case any other outcome other than the god king returning would be a bad outcome.

Likewise, are you role playing in the interest of the dwarves, elves, lizards or humans? Depending on your choice, the good outcome changes.

Search YouTube. A couple people have posted all of the endings and there are far more than you think.

C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
Godking rules, everyone dies because they need your source doesn't sound like a good ending for anyone. Really, it has to be from the viewpoint of the seven species since they are the main characters (and Fane now feels part of that world and didn't want divinity since saving his people meant killing everyone else). I considered taking up the viewpoint of any one species to be not so good but not as bad as God King- if all species could live on in a sort of harmony, that was good. Demons - again, not good for the seven species (Lohse would apparently be the good half to the demon bad but that just sets up another god war).

Originally Posted by caninelegion
Godking rules, everyone dies because they need your source doesn't sound like a good ending for anyone. Really, it has to be from the viewpoint of the seven species since they are the main characters (and Fane now feels part of that world and didn't want divinity since saving his people meant killing everyone else). I considered taking up the viewpoint of any one species to be not so good but not as bad as God King- if all species could live on in a sort of harmony, that was good. Demons - again, not good for the seven species (Lohse would apparently be the good half to the demon bad but that just sets up another god war).

Why God King ending isn't good one? What you implying, that paralleling Animal Farm, concept where the corrupt and stupid pigs running the farm is an excellent idea. Eternals is the precursor race and they were unjustly banished to the Void by the greedy for power so-called "gods". Countless number of innocent children, women and men suffered for eternity in horrors and pain for nothing. Didn't they earn their freedom? And their leader, God King, only want to free his people from suffering. #voidwokendidnothingwrong

Last edited by Soccer; 09/02/20 09:50 AM.
C
Bugfinder General
OP Offline
Bugfinder General
C
In your example, the new rulers would kill all the animals and replace them with robots. It's better to be alive with hope then dead with none. In the Christian mind set, I'm sure Satan has his reasons and his followers their's but a satanic victory could hardly be perceived as good. I'm sure Satan would view his victory as good but that would hardly make it so. Some things aren't relative (sorry Einstein). They lost their freedom due to mistakes, poor judgement, poor character. They are gone and have been proven to be a catastrophe, even worse then the seven gods. Really, nearly all RPGs have an evil ending and a good ending (and sometimes, some in between) and the Godking/void wins ending is the nemesis of the whole game and would be a huge stretch of the imagination to call good to say the least.

Last edited by caninelegion; 09/02/20 07:43 PM.
Originally Posted by caninelegion
In your example, the new rulers would kill all the animals and replace them with robots. It's better to be alive with hope then dead with none. In the Christian mind set, I'm sure Satan has his reasons and his followers their's but a satanic victory could hardly be perceived as good. I'm sure Satan would view his victory as good but that would hardly make it so. Some things aren't relative (sorry Einstein). They lost their freedom due to mistakes, poor judgement, poor character. They are gone and have been proven to be a catastrophe, even worse then the seven gods. Really, nearly all RPGs have an evil ending and a good ending (and sometimes, some in between) and the Godking/void wins ending is the nemesis of the whole game and would be a huge stretch of the imagination to call good to say the least.

Firstly, in mythology, Satan isn't the villain there : his creation and rebelling was just a part of amusing show of his creator - the God, who set all the rules, known what will happen, and still did it. Overall, character of the God, in the christian mythos, have selfish, infantile and egocentric personality, which is the reason of 90% his decisions, and which very similar to the character of Braccus Rex. At least, Seven Gods created mortal races in order to feed on their souls, so they could maintain their power, and not just to entertain themself by mortals like some kid with an ant farm. #satandidnothingwrong.

Secondly,God King and voidwoken, in their ending, do not genocide the races of Rivellon, like some "good" Lucian, but just enslave them. Still. isn't this better then be killed in Damian's invasion later on by some demons? Which also Lucian's fault. With God King in charge, Damian don't have even half of chance and there will be no more wars.

Worst possible ending, is to leave Lucian alive after all he's done. He should be the very first person to sacrifice in order to restore the vail between the Rivellon and the Void.

Last edited by Soccer; 10/02/20 05:21 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard