Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
mszcz #659950 29/02/20 08:51 PM
stranger
stranger
I don't understand the complain when it is focused sololy on it not being RTwP.. It is not really a valid argument tbh, more less so when you take into account that this is 5E and how it was adapted to this game.

To me it looks like people live in 98.. But sorry, this is not 98 anymore. This is 2020.. We are lucky, yes lucky, to get games like this! This is a niche genre now! If we want more of this, we need to fight for it and support the devs/pubs that actually make the gamble on it.
I myself like RTwP the most, but I know why.. (it is called nostalgia) I can also work well in modern games, just look at PoE or P:K. But seriously.. That should be the least concern.. Look at all the progressions and extra stuff we get.. nobody focus on the interaction with the gameworld in example.

I would have hoped people would voice their annoaynce about it not being RTwP with constructive post.. Because it is alright to be annoyed, you wanted something else. That is not the case and it wont change, so what now? Well now you can post constructive feedback on stuff that can change.. Like Ie more focus on the alignment system, that is actually something I want, besides them being told to tone it down.

mszcz #659972 29/02/20 09:41 PM
mszcz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I'll copy what i wrote in post before and let myself in lonely mourning. I wont get heard, Larian already butchered my dreams about BG3.
If whoever can do something good with this ideas, please make us a proper BG3:
"
The way BG3 should look like:
Imagine DA:O, with BG setting, with upgrated sneaking to the level beyond (awesome looking backstabbig, sneaking on the ceiling maybe and jumping behind the opponents)
Imagine costum spell creation that Tyrnanny does. You can create your own way of playing mages.
Imagine 'living' world of POE and character creation. City in POE2, BG2.. you could spend there hours just scouting whats happening around every corner.
Imagine BGs party setup, its characters and diversity. Story line, the one true antagonist.. with a proper twist.. flying ships? In fantasy world? Whats next? Machine-guns?
Imagine Infinity engine upgrade, hand painted buildings, caves, forest.
Imagine awsome DA:O-like finishers.
Imagine creating your own character who is really somebody..a powerfull Child of Bhaal.. not just a guy with a fish inside hes head.
Do you remeber the first time you faced the Dragon in BG? Big-ass madafaka? Here with camera around your head? Impossible to create a feeling that you face a huge monster. All You see is a 20k cube.. cool.
Imagine active pause game where your good team cooridantions makes you feel like you are a part of a good dark fantasy movie!
Imagine that when you play an RPG game on paper, its all about your head. Your imagination creates a whole adventure... does it looks like a rolliing cubes and chess-is map? No. It looks like your the most powerfull Thief/barbarian/mage or whatever whos looking with hes friends to make things happend, even if its just drinking in a tavern.
Imagine great soundtrack, spell voices.. god damn even tho change to stone spell was terrible i loved tto used it on enemies, just as a show-up.
Take all that BG-ish games did well, combine it together and there you go. Perfect BG3.
"
Hope the game will sell bad, hope that this will make the new 'creators' think about this brand.
Goodbye

Last edited by mszcz; 29/02/20 09:44 PM.
mszcz #659974 29/02/20 09:48 PM
I am so sorry, for all of you feeling disappointed. I can understand how you must be feeling after one of your favourite/childhood game successors gets such an overhaul.

That said, this game is set to support Co-Op. I can't really imagine how a RTwP co-op experience would be, other than very messy. Are there any fun RTwP co-op games out there?

Goldberry #659975 29/02/20 09:50 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Goldberry
I am so sorry, for all of you feeling disappointed. I can understand how you must be feeling after one of your favourite/childhood game successors gets such an overhaul.

Finally we have an understanding soul in this forum. Thank you.

Goldberry #659977 29/02/20 10:00 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast

That said, this game is set to support Co-Op. I can't really imagine how a RTwP co-op experience would be, other than very messy. Are there any fun RTwP co-op games out there?

"Overhaul" is putting it mildly. grin
To add my own tongue-in-cheek contribution to this thread, I'd far rather they craft a terrific single-player experience instead of coming up with half-baked single-player and multi-player modes.

Goldberry #659985 29/02/20 10:49 PM

~15 years ago, I used to play Icewind Dale II multiplayer over LAN. It was a RTwP, with settings active to pause on player's start. It generally worked out very well (except for the fact that everyone had to be gathered together to change locations), but combat ran smoothly.

mszcz #660035 01/03/20 05:14 AM
stranger
stranger
I could not agree more dear creator of this thread :<

Im still so disappointed and frustrated.

Thats not baldurs gate 3...its DOS 3. :<

mszcz #660053 01/03/20 06:50 AM
journeyman
journeyman
No it's not. Repeating it doesn't turn it into a fact.

It uses D&D rules, displays D20s and has D&D lore and therefore can't be a D:OS3. You might say that to emphasize your point but insisting on this comes over as rather silly.

Do some things look like Larian took them from the Original Sin games? Yes. And it would be an economically bad choice not to build on their successful foundations. Does that mean that this turns BG3 into D:OS 3? Please...

I didn't like D:OS I and II and get different vibes from the pre-alpha gameplay of BG3. It doesn't feel like the old Baldur's Gate games for sure - but it feels like a D&D game. Especially with the awesome cinematics in between which ooze D&D.

I would argue that it's impossible to give the look & feel of BGI and II and at the same time cater to a big enough audience to not drive this game into a very narrow niche (aka BG grognards). There have to be compromises - hugh ones - to not only please old BG players but also win new players for the BG and D&D franchise.

korotama #660115 01/03/20 11:54 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by korotama

"Overhaul" is putting it mildly. grin
To add my own tongue-in-cheek contribution to this thread, I'd far rather they craft a terrific single-player experience instead of coming up with half-baked single-player and multi-player modes.

That's all well and good. For me however there are a LOT of single player cRPGs out there right now. A lot of them are really good too. But for me personally, I want a game with multiplayer so I can share the experience with others and 'roleplay' and tell our own stories within a story. From what we have seen and know so far, BG 3 will let us do that.

Love and sausages xx
0Muttley0 #660117 01/03/20 11:59 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I play Fire Emblem often so I'm no stranger to turn-based combat but when it comes to RPGs in this vein I'd very much like a RTwP mode that can be toggled on so I don't have to sink an hour or two into fighting a bunch of gibberlings. Apparently BG3 is not going to let us do that so I guess dungeon-crawling is set to be a tedium-ridden borefest.

korotama #660142 01/03/20 01:31 PM
apprentice
apprentice
The combat in original sin and original sin 2 never became tediously long. So i expect the combat in BG3 to follow a similar path, interesting, chaotic and brief encounters.

Combat in real time with pause was likely artificially lengthened so the combat wasn't over too quickly.

Schuesseled #660169 01/03/20 03:25 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Schuesseled
The combat in original sin and original sin 2 never became tediously long. So i expect the combat in BG3 to follow a similar path, interesting, chaotic and brief encounters.

Combat in real time with pause was likely artificially lengthened so the combat wasn't over too quickly.

Speak for yourself. I found combat in D:OS extremely tedious and boring and repetitive and stupid, so much so that I eventually learned to just lower the difficulty all the way down just before a combat started so that I could breeze through it as quickly as possible to minimize my boredom.

mszcz #660493 02/03/20 08:27 AM
stranger
stranger
mszcz you're stuck in the past, you're not open to new vision and new ideas.
You wish the same game but we are in 2020 not in 2000.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard