Next Thread
Print Thread
F
addict
OP Offline
addict
F
My personal opinion first, to get it out of the way:

I actually LOVE that BG 3 looks a lot like D:OS 2. D:OS 2 was the best game I have ever played in my now 34 years (I started gaming as a kid) of PC master race gaming (never cared for consoles, tbh).

I like turn based, I like humor, I like cute, I like sunshine on the beach, I like intentionally exploitable game mechanics.

Now it seems to me as if we have two "factions" strongly opposing each other - the "please repeat BG 2"-crowd, which is fully legit (although I think what they are REALLY asking for is a relatively antiquated and unapproachable game), the other "faction" asking for "more Larian game fun, don't really care about the franchise, but WotC seems to have something interesting there" (which is where I belong).

Hm, I played BG 2, too, I think it was when I was on a year long training for my actual career already, back in the day, right after release. Because I loved Ultima VII during my high school years. Yes, I liked it, but no, I didn't love it as much as I love D:OS 2.

Honestly, I hope Larian will strictly go the way they are going now with BG 3. The gameplay presentation showed me a wonderful game, one that is exactly to my liking. I may belong to the really old gamer crowd (I intend to never give up this hobby of mine), but I think my age peers need to accept change, like I always do, too.

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
I think Larian will continue developing BG3 as it was revealed, it is probably too late in development to completely rework the game. And even if that was not the case, they have every right to do so. It is their style, I honestly don't know what people expected when it was announced they would be in charge of BG3.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand the hurt and the disappointment when you expected to have your nostalgia revisited in a brand new way, but Larian was clear from the get go. When it was announced, I imagined pretty much what was revealed, a new version of a classic dnd game with graphic and gameplay updates... Done in Larian's trademark style.

It's like expecting Disney to create films without music and a lot of singing characters, we all know that's just not what they do.

Last edited by Goldberry; 02/03/20 11:33 PM.
F
addict
OP Offline
addict
F
Originally Posted by Goldberry
I think Larian will continue developing BG3 as it was revealed, it is probably too late in development to completely rework the game. And even if that was not the case, they have every right to do so. It is their style, I honestly don't know what people expected when it was announced they would be in charge of BG3.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand the hurt and the disappointment when you expected to have your nostalgia revisited in a brand new way, but Larian was clear from the get go. When it was announced, I imagined pretty much what was revealed, a new version of a classic dnd game with graphic and gameplay updates... Done in Larian's trademark style.

It's like expecting Disney to create films without music and a lot of singing characters, we all know that's just not what they do.

100% agreed.

And, honestly, I never liked a style more than Larians (with the way CD Project Red treats humor and music as a close second).

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard