Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BeNexus Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The numbers 15 races and 8 classes at actual launch were referenced by a couple people as being on Larian's Presskit, but I don't know that for a fact.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by BeNexus
The numbers 15 races and 8 classes at actual launch were referenced by a couple people as being on Larian's Presskit, but I don't know that for a fact.

The PressKit says "Choose from 15 D&D race & subraces and 8 classes with more to be announced"...but the numbers are probably inverted, as there is 8 races/subraces and 13 classes/archetypes that were announced so far (for the early access).

This Resetera post has the images

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Gmazca
I saw a video on youtube where someone mentioned 15 races, but I don't 100% believe the source. It's hard to say without Larian coming out and saying it themselves.

Interesting, because for some reason I am under the impression that 15 races will be in, but when I looked through the interviews and reveal again I can't find any reference or confirmation for it.

Do you remember what youtube video it was?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Cirolle
I saw a video on youtube where someone mentioned 15 races, but I don't 100% believe the source. It's hard to say without Larian coming out and saying it themselves.

Interesting, because for some reason I am under the impression that 15 races will be in, but when I looked through the interviews and reveal again I can't find any reference or confirmation for it.

Do you remember what youtube video it was?

I believe the video I saw was referring to the Press Kit that Azarhal mentioned. I'll have to do some digging to find it, but I know it was a more obscure channel, so I didn't completely trust it.

However, I don't think 15 races is a stretch considering what is in the player handbook and what is available already.

Last edited by Gmazca; 06/03/20 10:15 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Well we are getting the tiefling race which is my favourite race to play in dnd but I hope we get more subrace of tieflings like demon tieflings and the many other subrace tieflings you can play as in dnd

Cthulhu: FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAY DORMANT, WHO HAS DISTURBED MY- Oh its you...
Warlock: Greetings my lord-
Cthulhu: LET ME SLEEP-
apprentice
apprentice
Did I mention half orc / orc origin char?

apprentice
apprentice
Personally I'd want all the races from the core books and expansions, but that's probably a long shot.

I'd love to have Furbolg, Goblin and Kenku and many others as options.

Maybe thats dlc territory.

stranger
stranger
I feel the game should launch with all the PHB races (Dragonborn, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, H-Elf, Halfling, H-Orc, Human, Tiefling) plus Drow and Aasimar. As for races I think would be cool to play, I guess Aarakocra, Goliath and Lizardfolk

Last edited by H0RSE; 08/03/20 03:23 AM.

"I don't mean to sound bitter, cold or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out."
- Bill Hicks
addict
addict
Originally Posted by azarhal

The PressKit says "Choose from 15 D&D race & subraces and 8 classes with more to be announced"...but the numbers are probably inverted, as there is 8 races/subraces and 13 classes/archetypes that were announced so far (for the early access).

I hope this is the case. 15 races seems overkill and 8 classes is underwhelming.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think they made some of the subraces a race and they are counting subraces also to get the 15 to start with. High Elf and Wood Elf would be two of them.

veteran
veteran
I hope they include the warforged and the tabaxi too. I love this ones.
And freedom of choice...

[Linked Image]

old hand
old hand
I think we need all the races/sub-races in the player's handbook for starts. The missing races from Early Access include:

Dragonborn
Gnomes
Half-Orc

And, if they have all of the required spells, it should be easy enough to copy/paste the Tiefling model and add all of their sub-races:

Baalzebul
Dispater
Fierna
Glasya
Levistus
Mammon
Mephistopheles

I'm curious if the Tiefling subraces will have unique appearance differences from each other, like wil you be able to tell a Zariel Tiefling from an Asmodean Tiefling, from a Fierna Tiefling like you can between Elf and Dwarf subraces.

old hand
old hand
I think Aasimar are important to have in this game to counter balance all the Grim Dark Races. Bonus points if you have Tritons and Firbolgs in it for the same reasons partly.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Emrikol

I hope this is the case. 15 races seems overkill and 8 classes is underwhelming.

Its not inverted its repleted in multiple places.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
Originally Posted by Emrikol

Its not inverted its repleted in multiple places.

And it sounds about right as they avoided to answer on multiclassing, which means they are testing it and it will probably be in at release.

Last edited by Nyanko; 10/03/20 03:12 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
All of them! And, by a stretch, some from the monsters manual. Imagine playing as a centaur! Damn!!!!

enthusiast
enthusiast
The Human Variant is a necessity, hence Feats are a necessity.

S
veteran
veteran
S
Human variant dabbing on all other races yet again

but yeah, im very concerned about getting all the core races

veteran
veteran
Human Variant usually is the one and only reason you play a human (not for RP purposes) so Human variant is a must, unless they allow feats at first level for everybody as an optional rule.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by alexawow2006
i dont like playing creatures with ugly faces anyway, unless i get to put FLAMING FIST HELMET on the whole party and hide their faces!!!

I am the extreme opposite here. I think that play as human is too boring and generic (human fighter is the epitome of generic character). Elves, dwarfs, halflings are just another favor of human.

Originally Posted by AnonySimon
Honestly, I would love to see eventually (possibly with DLCs) EVERY single published 5e D&D race. But the races that I would most likely want to see include:

- Yuan-ti Pureblood (Volo's Guide to Monsters)
- Firbolg (Volo's Guide to Monsters)
- Ararackra (Tome of Annihilation)
- Tortle (Tome of Annihilation)
- Changeling (Eberron: Rising of the Last War)
- Shifter (Eberron: Rising of the Last War)
- Warforged (Eberron: Rising of the Last War)
- Kalashtar (Eberron: Rising of the Last War)

EDIT: For those who would argue that Baldur's Gate is in the Forgotten Realms, not X, Y, or Z setting, The ship that the illithid was flying in the open scene, is a spelljammer which CAN travel between settings. It is very possible for the spelljammer to have picked up parasite hosts in other worlds before crashing outside of Baldur's Gate.

Kalashtar and Shifter is too similar to humans. By another hand, changeling and aasimar are good addition even being "too human" for my taste. Aasimar because it´s a good counter weight for tiefling and changeling because it open a lot of new cool possibilities for story.

Goliath, dragonborn, genasi, lizardman are a great options too. Lizard and dragonborn should be only copy/paste work for Larian since they have stuff from Divinity Original Sin.

Originally Posted by anjovis bonus
Just the basics and maybe githyanki if the plot needs it. No drow, duergar or other exotic races thank you.

Why not? More options don´t hurt. Even if we see no NPC of these races let´s allow as the player main character if he choose so.

Last edited by Nameless´s Fan; 07/03/21 10:52 PM. Reason: I thought more
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard