Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Danielbda

Not released, but speculation. An origin character is a spawn whose master is a vampire. Vampires are listed as a CR 13 enemy in 5E, thus I would assume that this origin character's master is within such a range.

Well even if that is the case, it could be an optional boss fight. A party with strong lvl 10 characters can take on a CR 13 enemy. On my tabletop game my lvl 6 party killed a Death Knight (CR 17).

Or it could be solved without a fight.
"Feed him to the worm masters"

But cr 13 isn't really out of range for a lv 10 party. A bit hard maybe, but possible.

Last edited by Cirolle; 13/03/20 07:56 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Nyanko
How about an expansion?

They said they have no DLC planned.

journeyman
journeyman
Personally, high-level campaigns are a turnoff.
Low-levels stuff is best.
You still feel like a man against heavy odds, not a god smiting down dregs with eye lazers.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ellderon
Personally, high-level campaigns are a turnoff.
Low-levels stuff is best.
You still feel like a man against heavy odds, not a god smiting down dregs with eye lazers.

For me personally its not about "Eye lasers" It's about having time invested in building my characters, Why have levels at all really, just make some generic toon, they can search, trap , spell... I have read how Bg 1 has 9 or 10 levels . My first experience with dnd online was the MMO Dungeons and Dragons online and when they came out I believe the lv was only 9 or 10 but as the expansions came out the level went up,

My next experience online gaming in the d&d universe was Neverwinter nights, that allowed be to go to 20 and above.

To sum it up leveling your character and allocating his or her stats , feats , spell brings a sense of intimacy to you and your character. With out it you may as well just have some generic pre made character. Imo

I believe will have a BG4 as well this can be the only explanation.

Last edited by Doomlord; 18/03/20 12:05 AM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
S
veteran
veteran
S
i dont think larian has ever done anyhting of the like so i highly doubt it.
then again, its a different series so they might just.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Emrikol
DLC isn't necessarily the same as an expansion, so I just assume that there are currently no plans for DLC or that they see DLC as a small update and instead are planning on something larger. I find it hard to believe that they intend for this to be the beginning and the end.

It's what Larian does: they don't "do" either DLC or expansions. The closest we've seen is Flames of Vengeance for Divinity 2 but the reality is that it was the final chapter that the publisher didn't give them time to finish.

This just in, Larian Studio tweets.

Originally Posted by Larian Tweet
Join us on Steam, where we're live-streaming D:OS2 with
@Fextralife
, discussing the free DLCs we've been releasing! And there's another one coming!

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1243149907961282560

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Danielbda
To me BG 1+2 is pretty much one game. But it is also a product of its time.
I don't want to wait 3+ years for my BG3 character to reach lvl 20. I think they should reconsider this.

BG2 was released 2 years of the prequel and DOS2 around 3 years of its prequel. But I doubt a sequel of BG3 would take that long given that Larian has expanded their studio and built a new game engine (Divinity 4.0) and most of the groundwork for a continuation of the storyline has been laid.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Nobody_Special
Originally Posted by vometia
Larian does: they don't "do" either DLC or expansions. The closest we've seen is Flames of Vengeance for Divinity 2 but the reality is that it was the final chapter that the publisher didn't give them time to finish.

This just in, Larian Studio tweets.

Originally Posted by Larian Tweet
Join us on Steam, where we're live-streaming D:OS2 with
@Fextralife
, discussing the free DLCs we've been releasing! And there's another one coming!

https://twitter.com/larianstudios/status/1243149907961282560

They're validated and repackaged user-made mods, not DLCs in the usual sense of the term, i.e. purchasable new (or in the case of e.g. EA, held-back) content exchanged for actual money. Which is what we were talking about.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard