Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The game consistently crashes at the very end of the cutscene loading screen into the Nameless Isle. The load almost finishes and then it crashes out. Snippet of the crash thread and system information below (let me know if you need more or something specific -- it'll do the same one every time).

Save game file is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gGORyh03L5Ceng0kSHJOiNMFhL4tgZTz/view?usp=sharing

I've tried ending the act with some earlier saves, which didn't seem to change anything.

This seems to be the same as an earlier persistent crash I experienced in the transition to Fort Joy. In that case, I was able to work around by starting a new game that eventually loaded the area. Obviously a bit too deep in for that now, so I appreciate any help!

Update: Out of curiosity I tried to load the same file on Switch via cross-save, and it advanced to Act 3 just fine. But if I save it in Act 3 and then load that file on my MacBook, I get the same crash. So whatever is happening, the MacBook doesn't want to load Nameless Isle.

---

Crashed Thread: 0 MainThrd Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [1521]

Model: MacBookAir9,1, BootROM 1037.100.362.0.0 (iBridge: 17.16.14281.0.0,0), 4 processors, Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 1.2 GHz, 16 GB, SMC
Graphics: kHW_IntelIrisPlusGraphicsItem, Intel Iris Plus Graphics, spdisplays_builtin
Memory Module: BANK 0/ChannelA-DIMM0, 8 GB, LPDDR4, 3733 MHz, SK Hynix, H9HCNNNFBMALPR-NEE
Memory Module: BANK 2/ChannelB-DIMM0, 8 GB, LPDDR4, 3733 MHz, SK Hynix, H9HCNNNFBMALPR-NEE

Last edited by FullMatino; 26/05/20 07:36 PM. Reason: Update
Support
Support

Try disabling shadows in the graphics options. This, and the crash reloading Fort Joy saves after restarting the game, are known issues (primarily on MacBook Air systems), which should be fixed in the next game update (currently being finalised for testing).

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
That seems to have done it -- thank you for the quick reply!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard