Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#668330 16/06/20 02:37 PM
Merlex Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
During early access, they will be adding content that will be in the full game. We "know" that somethings, will not be added until full release, like Ritual Spells. But other features will be added as we go along. So what do you want them to add first, second, ect.?

My priority list is as follows:

1. Multiclassing
2. Feats
3. Races/ Subraces
4. Subclasses for existing Classes
5. The other 6 PBH Classes

Last edited by Merlex; 16/06/20 02:39 PM.
veteran
veteran
The first thing I want added is support for a full custom party, because I don't really want to burn myself out seeing the same dialogue from origin characters over and over and over again. In fact, I won't get EA unless and until that is in.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Merlex
During early access, they will be adding content that will be in the full game. We "know" that somethings, will not be added until full release, like Ritual Spells. But other features will be added as we go along. So what do you want them to add first, second, ect.?

1. Multiclassing
2. Feats
3. Races/ Subraces

I like all of these, especially multi-classing (though with only 10 levels to play with, it may not be very relevant).

But for me, the priorities would be a slew of option toggles: option for party initiative (if that gets taken away due to some people's demands that everything should be their way); option to increase party size up to six; option to disable combat animations; options to customize difficulty settings, especially full hit points, full healing, easier skill checks to gain access to non-combat paths around combat encounters.

Also, built-in mod support, including Steam workshop.

Originally Posted by kanisatha
...option for party initiative (if that gets taken away due to some people's demands that everything should be their way...

Wanting individual based initiative is not demanding we get it "our way". It's D&D's way.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey
The first thing I want added is support for a full custom party, because I don't really want to burn myself out seeing the same dialogue from origin characters over and over and over again. In fact, I won't get EA unless and until that is in.

That and the NPC stats suck.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by deathidge
...option for party initiative (if that gets taken away due to some people's demands that everything should be their way...

Wanting individual based initiative is not demanding we get it "our way". It's D&D's way.

Team based initiative is also "D&D's way." It's in the 5e DMG. Feel free to educate yourself.

addict
addict

Team based initiative is also "D&D's way." It's in the 5e DMG. Feel free to educate yourself.

Team initiative can screw with Assassinate, so it HAS to be an option.

stranger
stranger
You should have watch Swen interviews before commenting in such manner, Swen is smart to aknowledge the gaming industry knowing the game have to appeal the video games audience to be successful and bring the money to be able to keep making games that many people like. They didn't get the trust from Kickstarters supports for no reasons. Most of us know the D&D 5e rules, but a video game is different than books or table tops. There are the Divinity fans, the Baldur's Gate fans, the D&D fans, the 5e D&D fans and even the D&D 3.5e fans that can't let the past behind and always want 5e to be more like 3.5e. I Believe Larian Studio does it's best and already know, you can't satisfy all those fans from different perspective and backgrounds at the same time. They want to provide the best experience regardless, and it's what they are doing in my book.

EDIT : Options, specially many on the gameplay level, can mess and divide the game community in multiplayer, it also degrade the experience switching from single player to multiplayer.

Last edited by Krytopsy; 16/06/20 05:45 PM.

Individual-based initiative has always been the standard in D&D. I'm all for keeping team-based as an option; after all, the more options the better. But this is not players just demanding to get their way.

Last edited by deathidge; 16/06/20 05:44 PM.
As for the OP, for me, I'd like to see some form of language barrier in-game. It can be fun in P&P to literally have no way to communicate with someone that doesn't speak common and no one in the group speaks that person's language. I'm not sure how they would/could implement this in the game...but it would be fun.

addict
addict

1. Multiclassing
2. Feats
3. Races/ Subraces

2. ALL feats
I mean, I hope they don't come with bullshit that feats from expansions are not going to be in the game. The expansions are already available, so there is no reason not to implement in the game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Krytopsy
EDIT : Options, specially many on the gameplay level, can mess and divide the game community in multiplayer, it also degrade the experience switching from single player to multiplayer.

Options are exactly that. Options. Nobody is being forced to use anything that is an option. People rejecting options just because they don't want those options is the very epitome of selfishness.

veteran
veteran
My two cents:

I'd actually forgo all of these in favor of more companions. From everything I've seen I'm pretty certain I will have as much fun playing this game as I did DOS2. (which was a great game) Jury is still out as whether this game is a successor to BG2. I want more companions, more story.

This something POE got right . POE1 for all its problems had a great story and good companions. Hoping Larian can do the same.

Individual-based initiative has always been the standard in D&D. I'm all for keeping team-based as an option; after all, the more options the better. But this is not players just demanding to get their way.

I think party initiative is better, especially if it could make faster the enemies turn. The switch time between characters in DAO2, which happens even if they are skipping their turn is unnecessary.

Also just because something is staying closer to tabletop d&d it does not mean it is any good,
it is a video game after all.

Merlex Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

1. Multiclassing
2. Feats
3. Races/ Subraces

I like all of these, especially multi-classing (though with only 10 levels to play with, it may not be very relevant).

Multi-classing will be in the game, as stated by Sven. But it won't be in EA at the start. I just want it to be the first feature they add in EA. As far relevance goes, I have 30 builds on D&D Beyond, only 2 of which are single class. Most of those are a 1 or 2 level dip, but some are true multi-class. We won't get 10 levels in early access, most likely only 3 maybe 4.

For EA, we only get part of the game. Some of the classes, subclasses, races. More gets added in during the development process.

But for me, the priorities would be a slew of option toggles: option for party initiative (if that gets taken away due to some people's demands that everything should be their way); option to increase party size up to six; option to disable combat animations; options to customize difficulty settings, especially full hit points, full healing, easier skill checks to gain access to non-combat paths around combat encounters.

Also, built-in mod support, including Steam workshop.

From looking at the new video, it looks to have a choice of both team and individual initiative. I'd prefer individual, but team looks like fun as well. I'd love an option to increase party size to 5 or 6, but I doubt that would make it in early access. Maybe full release or modded in?

Merlex Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Krytopsy
You should have watch Swen interviews before commenting in such manner, Swen is smart to aknowledge the gaming industry knowing the game have to appeal the video games audience to be successful and bring the money to be able to keep making games that many people like. They didn't get the trust from Kickstarters supports for no reasons. Most of us know the D&D 5e rules, but a video game is different than books or table tops. There are the Divinity fans, the Baldur's Gate fans, the D&D fans, the 5e D&D fans and even the D&D 3.5e fans that can't let the past behind and always want 5e to be more like 3.5e. I Believe Larian Studio does it's best and already know, you can't satisfy all those fans from different perspective and backgrounds at the same time. They want to provide the best experience regardless, and it's what they are doing in my book.

First I watched everything about this game. Second without ever playing a Larian game, I trust them to put out the best game possible. I'm all in on BG3!

As far as limiting options goes, I'm very much against that. It's an argument used by console players, because they can't use mods. "We play on console, we can't use it nobody should!" Jealousy divides the community, not options. Multiplayer plays very different than single player. I understand that some things like individual initiative and true reactions will slow down multiplayer. They should be OPTIONS. Don't limit us single players to playing like multiplayer. And for the record, 3.5 was over-powered imo. I love the 5e ruleset, well except for the feat system (you don't get enough).

Merlex Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
My two cents:

I'd actually forgo all of these in favor of more companions. From everything I've seen I'm pretty certain I will have as much fun playing this game as I did DOS2. (which was a great game) Jury is still out as whether this game is a successor to BG2. I want more companions, more story.

This something POE got right . POE1 for all its problems had a great story and good companions. Hoping Larian can do the same.

From the newest vids, it looks like we may be getting more companions. But EA is most likely only the first act, so there will be time to add more. Story is the most important thing to me. Larian has a good rep with that. So I'm confident we'll get a good product. What this thread was about, was features we know will be in full release, but not available at the start of early access.

Merlex Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Danielbda

1. Multiclassing
2. Feats
3. Races/ Subraces

2. ALL feats
I mean, I hope they don't come with bullshit that feats from expansions are not going to be in the game. The expansions are already available, so there is no reason not to implement in the game.

From the Q&A, no feats will not be available at the start of early access. But will be available by full release. I just want them to be added as soon as possible. As far as all feats go I'd love it, but we'll probably have to wait for modding.

S
veteran
veteran
S
considering were only in the first act of the game and the game goes to level 10, the only way to even obtain a feat in EA is to pick Vuman, which i sincereley hope is an option that larian actually nerfs

veteran
veteran
V-Human would not be that unbalanced if they do not allow some of the strongest feats at level one (lucky, warcaster, polearm master, mobile, ritual caster, etc)
It´s easy as that.

Last edited by _Vic_; 17/06/20 03:42 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard