Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Nyanko Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
I watched the latest stream a few times already and each time I feel Raphael's wings are a parody of what devil wings should be. They should be at least twice the size, almost touching the floor. Give him some presence and intimidating power, please. Wings and their shadows are excellent narrative tools when sized properly. We need to feel their weight.

Last edited by Nyanko; 22/06/20 03:48 AM.
stranger
stranger
He's a cambion apparently their wings aren't that large.

https://images.app.goo.gl/wtCfCvN8pKQ9n38c9

Last edited by Nola; 22/06/20 09:14 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Remember that as a Half-Fiend, Raphael is outside the infernal promotion system. He is a useful agent, being half-mortal allows him to easier travel to the Prime Material than a 'pure' devil or fiend, but he isn't as powerful and he can be killed like any other mortal, and if he is killed in the prime, no reforming in the Nine Hells, chances are he winds up a lemure like every other mortal soul that winds up in Baator, unless he as a particularly powerful master invested in his success and survival. As a consequence, an unimpressive wingspan, as opposed to a Pit Fiend or an Erinyes, is to be expected of a half breed. We shouldn't be overly intimidated by Raphael, we should fear his master. They are the ones who want our souls, save us from the Tadpoles, and want agents/minions in the Prime Material.

Last edited by TheAscendent; 23/06/20 06:25 AM.

Evil always finds a way.
N
Nyanko Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
Oh ok, he's a half-fiend. I didn't know. But at least, maybe make the shadow of the wings bigger or something. Because honestly, his dialogue is great but his wings look very fake and pathetic. They don't add up to his presence in the playthrough, rather the opposite.

veteran
veteran
Cambions are like that, as shown in the image above. I would also find it more pleasant if he looked like a succubus or incubus but he´s a Cambion so...

Last edited by _Vic_; 23/06/20 01:35 AM.
N
Nyanko Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
What lured me into thinking he was more powerful was the fact he could transport someone else into his home just like that, to talk to him. I thought this feat was a real show of power and meant he was a higher ranked devil. Because it's not said anywhere in the playthrough it's just only a dream. Can cambions do those sorts of things in D&D 5?

enthusiast
enthusiast
If he has a powerful master, then he can accomplish a great deal. Considering that BG3 takes place immediately after the Descent to Avernus adventure we should limit our suspects to the first layer of hell for simplicity's sakes. We also seem to make a brief stop in hell if the dialogue is any indication, perhaps the Nautilod accidentally jumped there to escape the Githyanki hunters, drawing the attention of Raphael's master.

Last edited by TheAscendent; 23/06/20 08:44 AM.

Evil always finds a way.
N
Nyanko Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
May his master be Zariel then. I would love to see her in the game. She's such a cool character.

Last edited by Nyanko; 23/06/20 06:50 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Zariel is unlikely but possible, her failure to acquire the city of Elturel in the Descent into Avernus has no doubt damaged her standing in the eyes of Asmodeus, and her fate is largely dependent on the players. They can kill her (permanently since she is her home plane), redeem her, serve her, usurp her, replace her with her rival Bel (former lord of Avernus), the list is endless. But the forces of hell are no doubt interested in the story of the game, Raphael's presence is proof of that and Wyll the origin character and potential player character has a pact of some sort with a Devil (no idea who).

Evil always finds a way.
veteran
veteran
I think Raphael is one of the connections with the "Descent into avernus" AP that Mike Merle was talking about in the interviews. I´m excited about it.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard