Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sven_
Too bad the cameras in NWN2 are so bad. Obsidian back then lacked experience in the 3d field and it shows, unfortunately.

True. I think they ended up with 3 different camera options, none of them brilliant, having tried and discarded others; I vaguely remember they got rid of the camera I liked best!

S
veteran
veteran
S
>modules share the same toolset
modules are made with the toolset and almost no official NWN modules are any good.

The basegame is enaguht o create modules and player created modules are almost always better.

>beef with beamdog
anything i hate in a developer.
Take an old liscence that people love, re release it, make you unable to get the original version, charge way too much money for it, and their new content is riddled with cancerous Woke agenda.
Not to mention all their "Improvements" are just free mods that already existed

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I enjoyed the NWN toolset simply to level a character and test a build idea at higher levels. Sometimes the theory crafting looked good on paper, but just didn't work well in-game. It was nice to try it before investing a hundred hours just to be disappointed.

addict
addict
Yes, that was certainly one use for it smile

I'm not sure the toolset output would be considered good enough with today's quality expectations.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Sordak
>modules share the same toolset
modules are made with the toolset and almost no official NWN modules are any good.

The basegame is enaguht o create modules and player created modules are almost always better.

>beef with beamdog
anything i hate in a developer.
Take an old liscence that people love, re release it, make you unable to get the original version, charge way too much money for it, and their new content is riddled with cancerous Woke agenda.
Not to mention all their "Improvements" are just free mods that already existed

Fair enough. I didn't really care much for their additional content, but they did produce native Linux ports of the IE games, which was enough for me to buy them again, as I play all my games on Linux.

I'm not convinced they will evolve NWN into anything compelling, but maybe they will surprise me.

veteran
veteran
Right now they revived NWN persistant worlds, and that´s something.

IMHO the game did not aged well, but its still a classic worth playing in modern PCs.

It's a bit premature to ask if we want BG4 to be BG3's sequel from Larian or a different studio...let's at least reserve judgement until we can, ya know, play the game.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard