Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
There are two functions mentioned in the press conference:
Audio2face and AI Pose

For these two functions, I try to guess that in the dungeon master mode of Baldur’s Gate, larian can provide maps of the entire Faerun continent and even the entire planet, the day and night changes, and the social rules,The basic framework of the ecosystem, and then players can customize the mods and campaigns of the dungeon master based on voice recording and motion capture and face capture.
I know this is impossible, but this is also a direction for game editing.
It’s like larian provides an planet, players customize life and the premise is that they can integrate into the worldview of Baldur's Gate

W
veteran
veteran
W
Yeah, that would be great and all, but it would still take a considerable amount of time for Larian to program the foundations of this user content generated utopia, so if rather they just keep making the game that I’m currently looking forward to.

S
veteran
veteran
S
explain further

addict
addict
I assume both functions use the tensor cores that are only present in the latest NVidia GPUs. There are no tensor cores in their older GPUs, and not in any AMD GPUs at present.

These functions might be usable to improve the visual appeal of speaking/moving characters, but there would still need to be an underlying character speech/action framework that uses them ( and uses other mechanisms when these functions are not available ). I am unsure whether the motion-capture and performance-capture systems that most AAA games currently use would be suitable.

If tensor cores - or similar machine learning silicon - becomes an established part of GPUs in the future ( they may disappear, as other specialized silicon has in the past ), then I'm sure developers will find some interesting ways of using them. In the 3000 series, I would expect DLSS to be their main use, to improve frame rate.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard