Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Nyanko Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
N
I wonder if Larian is considering implementing a companion which would actually be an intelligent artifact, such as a legendary weapon or armor. Would be interesting, don't you think?

veteran
veteran
No.

I'm pretty sure ALL companions are going to be Origins, and it's a guarantee that all companions will be party members. That means they all need to be capable of independent movement.

veteran
veteran
No Enserric the sword eh? SAD

enthusiast
enthusiast
I would love a speaking artefact, though. (Miss you, Lilancor, miss you terribly)

stranger
stranger
We’ve already seen at least two companions that aren’t full Origin characters (the owlbear cub and Us the intellect devourer). They could do this, it could be cool, nothing so far points to it happening.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Apocynum
We’ve already seen at least two companions that aren’t full Origin characters (the owlbear cub and Us the intellect devourer). They could do this, it could be cool, nothing so far points to it happening.

I believe those are camp members, not party members. By that standard, an intelligent artifact in the camp is possible.

stranger
stranger
My vague recollection of Larian’s terminology, thinking back, is that Gale, Shadowheart, etc. are “companions,” while Us and the cub are... followers, I think it was? And it’s strongly implied that some followers, but not all, will be able to follow you around in the world and participate in combat. An intelligent magic item could fall into that camp, pun always intended.

old hand
old hand
You could have an intelligent item that counts as neither companion nor camp follower, just as an equiptable item that has dialog. I suspect that is how the intelligent weapon in Wrath of the Righteous works.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard