Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,

I have the same issue in BG3 as in DoS1&2, when you press Alt Left to highlight the lootables or other items you can interact with, only the corpses and some items are highlighted.

For example, crates or barrels are not, even though there's stuff to loot in there. Only way to spot them is to hover over them with the mouse.

Could we have at least the option to set the Alt Left key to highlight all of these as well?

Thanks!

apprentice
apprentice
Ugh yes. Agree with this 100%.

Additionally, I feel like the excessive number of "interactable" objects in the environment is pretty unnecessary too, when mostly these objects serve no purpose but set dressing.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Nitsugua
Hello,

I have the same issue in BG3 as in DoS1&2, when you press Alt Left to highlight the lootables or other items you can interact with, only the corpses and some items are highlighted.

For example, crates or barrels are not, even though there's stuff to loot in there. Only way to spot them is to hover over them with the mouse.

Could we have at least the option to set the Alt Left key to highlight all of these as well?

Thanks!

This! and then rebind to tab smile

I absolutely agree. It has always irked me in DOS1+2 that highlighting doesn't highlight *everything*.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by endolex
I absolutely agree. It has always irked me in DOS1+2 that highlighting doesn't highlight *everything*.

It is quite frustrating, especially for the unobservant among us. i.e. me.

J'aime le fromage.
stranger
stranger
Divinity 2 (DE) had a special option to only highlight certain ("important") items. Maybe this is enabled by default, maybe more options regarding that will be implemented later? I noticed I almost missed a beer and water bottle because of the current setting. Water is basically free healing. Quite helpful in the beginning if you ask me.

I do agree though that, especially when you are more on the horder spectrum, the game can be a bit chaotic in that regard. I just wished items that will never be needed for quests or crafting are cleary marked as trash and/or valueables. (without exeptions pls)

That reminds me I still have to check if I need to keep the gems I've collected so far! ...

Last edited by Rulin; 07/10/20 12:02 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I definitely agree that we need a highlight all option - I think some players would probably prefer not to see the names of all the interactable items, so having both options available would make sense. Also I'd really love a toggle - my thumb hurts from pressing alt for so long.

[this space intentionally left blank]
journeyman
journeyman
I don't need the names of any of the items, I just want the outlines

Last edited by Kal Spiro; 07/10/20 03:54 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
In BG2 you could hit tab and see all interactable items. I find myself hitting tab in BG3 hoping for the same thing lol.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Kal Spiro
I don't need the names of any of the items, I just want the outlines

agreed

stranger
stranger
What if it was based off of a stat for your character? The higher your wisdom for example the more items that get outlined around your character.

stranger
stranger
wont this, too. it´s very annoying to move the camera always to not miss some barrel/chest... i´m still happy to find the items wink

Link Copied to Clipboard