Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#679299 07/10/20 06:40 PM
citrum Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
At level 2 my rogue character 'received' ability to dash and now it displayed on the right side of her menu, but she already could dash (like any other character) and it was displayed on the left side of the menu along with jump, push, sneak and so on. Now she have 2 dash buttons, but they seem to work the same way... I'm confused. Can anyone please explain to me what is happening?

stranger
stranger
Every turn each character has move distance, an action, a bonus action, and a reaction (which can technically only be used while enemy is taking their turn). Dash normally takes an action and can't be used at the same time as an attack or any other action ability. At rogue 2, you get the ability to dash as either a normal or bonus action (but not both in one turn).

Normally: you can do the following in some combination: move 1x distance + attack + shove, move 2x distance w/ dash and jump part of it or shove but not attack.
With rogue 2 you can: move 2x distance w/ dash and still attack/scroll/cast in the same turn.

Sometimes you want to still use the regular dash instead of the bonus dash if you need your bonus for jump/hide/shove/potion.

citrum Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks, that was helpful!

addict
addict
Well, in theory, in the tabletop game.

In the current version of the game, I think the Rogue only gets one extra move (either Action or Bonus Action). I could be wrong. Again, I am not referring to the official rules, but to the current early/beta implementation.

Last edited by Baraz; 08/10/20 01:02 AM.
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
Everyone gets Movement, Action, Bonus Action, Reaction (In Game).
Reactions (default) are basically taking attacks of opportunity, can also be spells like Hellish Rebuke. Toggles on the far right hotbar.

Dash doubles your move, everyone can do this as an Action (instead of casting / attacking). The Rog 2 ability OP asked about, lets you Dash as a Bonus action, allowing you to Cast / Attack as well.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Loki the Cat
Everyone gets Movement, Action, Bonus Action, Reaction (In Game).
Reactions (default) are basically taking attacks of opportunity, can also be spells like Hellish Rebuke. Toggles on the far right hotbar.

Dash doubles your move, everyone can do this as an Action (instead of casting / attacking). The Rog 2 ability OP asked about, lets you Dash as a Bonus action, allowing you to Cast / Attack as well.

Yes, indeed. The thing is, in the tabletop version, you can Move + Dash (Action) + Cunning Action move (Bonus Action). I do not think you can in BG3, which is not a big deal. Like you said, the Rogue still has a good bonus being able to attack with an extra move if needed.

EDIT: in the current build, Rogues seem to have two Bonus Actions, which does allow them to do a lot of things ! Including movement combos.

Last edited by Baraz; 08/10/20 05:51 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard