Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Hart Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
You can get one really early, without going to Blight Town or buying one from the blacksmith. Just need to hang around and kill the demon at the end of the tutorial then loot his corpse. Be careful though, once the Mindflayer is done with the demon, he will declare you are useless and try to kill you. Make sure to have your character hanging out at the switch, use the githyanki or Us to send the sword to your inventory.

apprentice
apprentice
I can say, there is three of them.

One on the captain, and two on the bodyguards - tough and cringe fight with trowing them down from the balcony with 17str-companion... and a lot of tactical kiting and using bombs and combos with acid "bulbs"

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Well that's interesting.... I didn't find any greatswords there when I tried plundering them. :o

apprentice
apprentice
upd: throwin enemies at hanging explosive furniture above you (excluding imps - they are easy to lift)*

H
stranger
stranger
H
This should be fixed, I think its fair that I mentioned this as its still Early Access. You can drag and drop items out of your inventory without penalty. So, create a fire surface and left click and hold and drag throw as many of the explosive barrels (I took them all and carried them and spread them on on characters) as you want one at a time. Use magic pockets DOS2 Engine Feature, to move inventory items from another to you and all the barrels to you and have fun blowing up those pesky demons (Barrels then do explosive damage for each throw and also spread the fire, thus also pushing the demons back from the explosive force). This didn't dawn on me until maybe the 16th fight with them trying to kill the commander with my fighter. Its cheating but it works.

Also, as I think was mentioned above, you can use your high strength character to throw the demons up onto the acid bulbs on the ceiling causing them to drop. The demons will only glitch out for a couple long seconds and then fall and then take acid damage. This should be fixed too as no one should be able to throw anyone without an opposed skill check with perhaps an opportunity attack against you as well.

But hey, having that Greatsword early is nice.

Last edited by HalfElfTiefling; 15/10/20 04:45 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Ahahahah, yes. This is hella cringe, wrong, but funny.

But really need a fix

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
Originally Posted by HalfElfTiefling
This should be fixed, I think its fair that I mentioned this as its still Early Access. You can drag and drop items out of your inventory without penalty. So, create a fire surface and left click and hold and drag throw as many of the explosive barrels (I took them all and carried them and spread them on on characters) as you want one at a time. Use magic pockets DOS2 Engine Feature, to move inventory items from another to you and all the barrels to you and have fun blowing up those pesky demons (Barrels then do explosive damage for each throw and also spread the fire, thus also pushing the demons back from the explosive force). This didn't dawn on me until maybe the 16th fight with them trying to kill the commander with my fighter. Its cheating but it works.

Also, as I think was mentioned above, you can use your high strength character to throw the demons up onto the acid bulbs on the ceiling causing them to drop. The demons will only glitch out for a couple long seconds and then fall and then take acid damage. This should be fixed too as no one should be able to throw anyone without an opposed skill check with perhaps an opportunity attack against you as well.

But hey, having that Greatsword early is nice.

why is a magical flaming greatsword like hes wielding?

H
stranger
stranger
H
why is a magical flaming greatsword like hes wielding?

He has just a regular greatsword, but his like any of our weapons can be dipped into fire to do extra damage and look slightly cool, its a bonus action but the boss just starts with his weapon on fire. The Greatsword is better than wielding a longsword two-handed because there are 2 dice rolls involved and supposedly the Fighter's Optional Class Feature, Great Weapon Fighting will allow you to re-roll bad damage rolls such as 1s and 2s.

Last edited by HalfElfTiefling; 15/10/20 11:08 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard