Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#790772 20/09/21 03:37 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
after killing the druids and the tieflings in "raid the grove" the dialog gets stuck with minthara. the quest says "return to minthara" but when i talk to her she just says "later!"

Am i missing something? is there a trigger i didn't hit or is that a glitch?

Ive gone back and replayed it up to that point from multiple old saves but the outcome is always the same. What do I do?

[img]https://ibb.co/mvFc6FX[/img]

https://ibb.co/mvFc6FX

veteran
veteran
You should check the whole grove once again ...
Sometimes one NPC is forgotten somewhere, until everyone will be dead she will refuse to talk to you.

(At least that is what happene to me)

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I don't think that's the case. I have SCOURED the grove and even got the journal to say that everyone is dead and return to minthara. Its just that minthara seems stuck.

the hollows, the sacred pool, the emerald grove, the area with the harpies, the tiefling hideout, the storage house, the makeshift prison, the secluded chamber, the gate, the ramparts above the gate, the area with the telescope, the back passageways, the trading areas, the area outside the gate, the secret chamber with the spear of sorrow. every nook and cranny. its driving me bonkers. Ive replayed the battle about a dozen times and have been stuck for more than a week frown

veteran
veteran
Seems the evil path is pretty bugged. I also keep having lots of issues with it.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
i think so too, which is unfortunate. I really enjoy playing the evil paths as well as the good. most games either don't have one or detour you from taking it by either giving too many repercussions or just locking you out of rewards/content.

fallout was a good example of that, at least the newer fallouts. all the good power armors and weapons and skill boosts were rewards for completing the "good missions? If you played all the snarky or self centered dialog options it either had zero effect on the outcome of the story or just flat out locked you out of missions and side quests. It made you always play a "goody two shoes" character or the "knight i shinning armor" character.

I am really looking forward to larian putting in a good balance in BG3. it increases replay value and is more true to D&D. It would be nice to see most major decision points (good or evil) leading to totally different outcomes and story arches as the game progresses. I'm getting the sense of that in early access (who you kill at the toll house or how you interact with the trapped man in Waukeen's Rest or how you deal with the grove) but only time will tell if it branches off significantly in the later acts

till then I'm still stuck trying to figure out how to unglitch this play-through with minthara lol crazy

Link Copied to Clipboard