Next Thread
Print Thread
S
slayer Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
thanks for the help raze, I guess no one else either and an answer or knew what i was talking about. you asked me what exactly happens when i save. sorry for the delay in posting again , the job you know. have to buy groceries on something other than my lookss. the simplest answer i can give is that sometimes at the most inconvienent times i cant reload...the game just goes back to part of the game that i want to reload out of. going back to the next saved game is the same and so on until i have lost perhaps a full 5 hours of actual game play. is this a bug??? I wolud use quicksave but it takes me back to full save and hasn't worked but once in the beginning. I would back up my saved games and reinstall if i had the faintest idea how to do in. my computer skills petered out back in l980 after i finished running and programming a honeywell 2020 octal computer that took over an entire room. i can follow instructions tho and if you want to you can send a private message so as not to take up all this space. if you can help thank, if you can't well thanks for listening

Support
Support
"sometimes at the most inconvienent times i cant reload...the game just goes back to part of the game that i want to reload out of."

So you try to re-load a save, and end up where were before you re-loaded? You should be able to go back to any previous save and have everything exactly as it was at that point.

Try deleting all of the files in the '..\Divine Divinity\Run\Dynamic' folder.
This folder is used as a cache for the game. Files are created / copied there from the save game folder when you load, and written / copied from that folder when you save a game. The files will be re-created as required the next time you start Divinity. If there was a corrupt file in that folder, deleting the files should fix the problem.
A stuck cache is the only reason I can think of that re-loading a previous save would load the current data.

"I would back up my saved games and reinstall if i had the faintest idea how to do in."

In Windows Explorer, browse to the folder Divinity's saved games folder, by default 'C:\Program Files\Divine Divinity\Run\savegames'. The easiest way to backup the saves (each save is in a separate folder) is to copy the 'savegames' folder to another location. Since the saves can take up a lot of disk space, you could also zip the folder(s). There is likely an option for that on your right-click context menu; Windows XP has a basic zip manager built in, otherwise check out these freeware archive managers.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard