Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
sulthon Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
i have a simple (at least i think it is) suggestion. I find the way that the skills are presented a bit hard to easily digest. When looking at the skill menu, its very hard to intuitively decipher what skills i've invested in and to what skill level. I think the icons should have some kind of text indicating what skill is what (since i haven't memorize what the icons for each skill look like, and i find it to be a bit of a hassle moving my mouse over each icon just to read what it is and how many ranks i have in it)

also, the little red bars along the bottom of the skill icon, showing how many ranks i've invested in that particular skill, are very hard for me to see... being a bit color blind, its very difficult to perceive the red without a very particular, clear, and defined background. This a typical color-blindness among guys, so i'm sure there are others out there with the same problem. Perhaps a different system could be used, such as simple numbers, roman numerals, filled in bubbles, etc... anything would likely be better

anyway, just my two cents
peace

Support
Support
The entire skill system has been re-structured for Beyond Divinity, so hopefully the presentation will be clearer. The Larians have avoided answering any questions about it in interviews, though, since they are planning a special feature on it. For other information, including a bit on spell effects, see the interview links in the Announcements forum, and for more general info the Beyond Divinity FAQ.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard