Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#20961 13/03/03 04:39 PM
ali Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
OK - I've been talking to some of the gamers in the general forum about this - they suggested I come here.

I have the English version of the game. When I load it, I have version 1.1.

See my question was - is there a patch that brings 1.1 up to 1.29 so that I can get up to 1.32, but they informed me that the English version starts at 1.29.

Mine doesn't.

I've installed, uninstalled, reinstalled - I've done this 3 times. And then I did it on another computer. I always get 1.1.

I have various problems like - if I go down a level in the dugeon/catacomb, my girl goes down the level, and my automap goes with her, but I can only see the level she left. I have to save, and reload, which brings the screen up to date. This is HORRIBLE by the way in the beginning.

I remember other problems, but this is my main one, b/c it's just so tedious.

Is there anything I can do?? Please say yes.
Thank you.
Ali

#20962 13/03/03 05:59 PM
Support
Support
Where exactly are you reading the version number from? After installing the 1.32 patch, on the main menu at the bottom right hand corner of the screen it should say "Divine Divinity - V1.0032A". The patch version number and the game version number are not equivalent.

How did you re-install the game? Doing it on two different computers reduces chances of a corrupt file (unless the CD itself is damaged). Did you un-install, re-boot, shut down all non essential programs (especially anti-virus), re-install the game, perhaps start the game and check the version number, re-boot, shut down all non essential programs, install the patch, re-boot, shut down all non essential programs, start the game. This procedure is a bit over-cautious, but the best way to avoid install problems.

I've seen the problem with the screen not updating a couple times in the old forum. IIRC re-installing fixed it, though. Try deleting all of the files in the '..\Divine Divinity\Run\Dynamic' folder, then start a new game, run to the well and see if it works.
This folder is used as a cache for the game. Files are created / copied there from the save game folder when you load, and written / copied from that folder when you save a game. The files will be re-created as required the next time you start the game. If there was a corrupt file in that folder, deleting the files should fix the problem.

#20963 13/03/03 06:17 PM
ali Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
That's one of my problems - the 1.32 patch won't take. I downloaded it from the Larian page and ran it - it started to install new files, but then nothing happened. I thought it was just a really fast install and I missed something, so I started the game, and it still says version 1.1.

Where do I see version 1.1? When I'm starting up the game, it says DD 1.1.

As for reinstalling it, I didn't do it as thorough as you suggested the first time around, but like I said - I did it 3 times, and after the first time, I was very thorough.

hmm...not sure what to do now.
Ali

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard