Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Greg100 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
OK, need to report a strange "bug" that has shown up since patch 1.3. Don't know if anyone else has seen this, but I've got it.
When entering battlefield one and having talked to all the folks and done the first dungeon, when I go back to the conversation sceen to see my history, I get "string info" in the middle of text. Here are some examples:
Annabelle - "bitter $NPC$ by a mage..."

Elkar - "Have you found my $OBJECTCLASS$ yet?

Annabelle - "His $MODIFIER$ is all that matters to him"

This can make the game very confusing when you don't remember who the $NPC$ may be or what $OBJECTCLASS$ you're looking for or what $MODIDIER$ you're talking about.

Dialogue within the game is not effected, just in the conversation screen.

Any suggestions or fixes to this would be appreciated.
By the way patch 1.4 didn't fix the problem.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'd try uninstalling, reinstalling, and starting a fresh game. Sounds lke a one-in -a-million bug. You might also try sending your save in to Larian with a copy of your post and see what they can determine.

journeyman
journeyman
Actually, those sound like programming errors, not a one-in-a-million anything.

I'd still contact Larian and report it, though.

Regards,
Michael

enthusiast
enthusiast
They DO sound like pogramming, but they sound like the game is recognizing them as actual possible dialogue entries. I'd start a new game and see if it persists. If it does, it may be that yur install corrupted. I'm only saying this because nobody else has mentioned this from what I've seen. I've seen this happen in Morrowind when the strings are seen as actual dialofue options, but it only happens under rare circumstances or bad mod-work.

G
Greg100 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Have just done that...sent their support group the information...now to see if they act upon it.

G
Greg100 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
There is a post back where someone stated they were also getting the $NPC$ string in their text.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Must've missed that one. Well, I hope support can help you.

Yeah, I have that stuff in my conversation logs too. Bring up the diary/journal/etc and check and I'd bet there's a good chance everyone does. My game was started fresh with 1.4 btw.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Mine's clean. No strings at all. In your case I'm really leaning toward installation error, but you say this is fresh, so we'll have to wait for support to get back to you.

G
Greg100 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Glad to see that I'm not the only one...has to be some type of programing problem based on what I know about strings from my DOS days.

G
Greg100 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Wasn't an install error because program installed just fine and problem didn't show up until I got to the first battlefield.

G
Greg100 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Well, guess what. Have applied patch 1.41 and now I'm getting $ERROR$ strings in my quest logs. They weren't there before but now the quest log and conversation log is showing strings. Strange.

I too am getting $ERROR$ etc in my quest log, since upgrading from 1.4 to 1.41.

Also, my conversation log is totally full of the $ stuff.

G
Greg100 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Glad to see others are having this problem now too. Hope Larian studios reads my message and works this out. Would hate to start game over at this point.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I posted this somewhere else, but the $ERROR$ isn't the only problems in 1.41

Here's what I've had since the newest patch:

So far, after installing 1.41 I have nothing but issues.
My teleport pyramids are gone from inventory.
I zoomed to the battlefields, and now I can't leave. When I try I just get sent right back to the same battlefield. I'm pretty well hosed here.

Guess it's restart or uninstall for me.

Why not move your savegames to a safe place, uninstall the game, reinstall, then patch to 1.40 again? And just load one of your untouched 1.40 saves. That's what I'm trying...

S
stranger
stranger
S
Well I just looked further into things, and it seems that all of my save games are still showing as version 1.0, eventhough this was supposedly fixed.

I'm gonna try reinstalling and then repatching 1 by 1. Hopefully my saves aren't hosed.

Any saves created with 1.32 or below will always show up as 1.0.

S
stranger
stranger
S

Well therein lies my problem then. Since I didn't patch 1.4, I just went straight to 1.41 I guess it corrupted my saves.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Well therein lies my problem then. Since I didn't patch 1.4, I just went straight to 1.41 I guess it corrupted my saves.

No, new patches contain previous data unless otherwise noted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard