veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Awww shud-up, it does me jus fine,Yeh!

Drink Up Ye Cider.
spick #263042 25/09/04 11:22 AM
veteran
veteran
Isn't it really intrusive--spreading its tendrils throughout your computer and placing icons on your living room couch?

The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?
~Jeremy Bentham
Cleglaw #263043 25/09/04 12:37 PM
veteran
veteran
The announcement that MS, made stating that it will change the way your whole computer functions..... is a bit over exagerated....

It adds a couple of hotfixes, installs a firewall and sets up your security centre (which only monitors your firewall, AV software and live updates).
IT installs DirectX9.0c (much more stable than b)
You can afterwards install Media Player 10 (i dont like too much, but i suppose its cool)
It RE-opens a couple of DSO-exploits i closed, so i just closed them AGAIN... but other than that, everything is the same, no nasty side effects or problems...
Nero burning rom complains that its not compatible with it, but it IS.
ANd device manager moved a little bit around in the system properties.

Your existence alone, is excuse enough for the creation of the entire universe… Il you my darling Jeanne-Dré 
spick Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks for the info Lady-rain, i still haven't got round to installing yet as everything is "steady eddie" with my PC at the mo'.
One thing though, you mentioned you can install Media Player 10, that might be worth it because Media Player 9 on my PC has stopped working???

Drink Up Ye Cider.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard