Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#344623 16/03/07 06:40 AM
Rocky Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I would like to see a vault in the next game so I can store items....Also quests with time limits...where maybe you see a timer and you must race against the clock...

Last edited by Rocky; 16/03/07 06:49 AM.
#344624 16/03/07 07:01 AM
Support
Support
While a vault would be a little more organized than a collection of chests or an area staked out around a teleporter pad (etc), I like the freedom of being able to arrange stuff the way I want. Of course a large vault with a variety of containers could allow just as much flexibility.

Some people have also requested weapon stands, etc to display their collection in their house/base.

As for the security implied by a vault, I agree it would be more realistic to have to lock up your valuables, but in practice it is a pain if stuff starts disappearing if you leave it on the ground too long (etc).

In general, I don't really like time limits. It may make sense for some quests, though, as long as the limits are reasonable.

#344625 18/03/07 12:08 PM
Rocky Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I also want to see more cutscenes featuring spectacular visual effects....This contributes to the "wow" factor of the game. when looking at visual effects, it's nice to see it in first person view because the player has more of a sense of being there experiencing the sights firsthand..Larian already has great music....That coupled with thought provoking quests and villainous monsters who also have a sense of humour....This is also a minor detail but after every level up I like to see the appearance of my character change as he/she gets stronger and stronger...A rookie fighter might look more like a proud crusader as he levels up..... a beginning wizard may look more like a wise sage as he grows.....a survivor may look more craftier and slick....a multiclass character will reflect different features of each class perhaps and perhaps the player can take part in changing physical features of a character as they grow in experience....so a "warrior sage" would look pretty interesting.......I like stories with suspense....create a reason for the player to keep playing by making them be curious about what will happen next....maybe an important character suddenly dissapears and the player needs to keep playing to find out what really happened....suspense in a good book keeps me reading (Mary Higgins Clark, "the Queen of Suspense" comes to mind)....suspense in a game could also keep me playing....ironic twists in a story are nice...they create a nice surprise....

so to sum up....the things I really would like to see in DD2
-an organized place for storage of items I find in the game
-more great music...keep it up throughout the game!
-I'd like to see more special effects throughout the game. Add to the "wow" factor of the game....keep creating a sense of wonder in the game
-More suspense in the storyline and even in different quests to keep the player hooked to the game....create reasons for the player to keep playing...the more the better...
-make the gamer eagerly anticipate and look forward to what's coming up in the game when they begin and as they play.... glue the player to the game by including information that hints, implies, or says that something very nice will happen if they continue to play...leave some interesting unanswered questions and let the player continue playing if they want answers....I would like to see a game that grabs the player and doesn't let go until the very end..
-a character development system that feels, looks, and sounds more rewarding as I progress through the game...
-more humour throughout the game in npcs...add funny stories within books or on paper....keep making us laugh throughout the game!
-time limit quests (you can make them optional..perhaps if certain gamers don't like them, they don't have to do them...but I think time limits can create excitement)
-thought provoking quests (perhaps a sacrifice needs to be made and it's very tricky to determine which sacrifice would be the right one to make)
-there was a cat in Divine Divinity....bring that character back.....bring the imps back too....

Last edited by Rocky; 19/03/07 04:07 AM.
#344626 21/03/07 05:55 PM
Rocky Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I also like the idea of Karma points. In Divine Divinity, characters received Divine Powers. Why not give them spectacular Divine powers in the next game? This would fit with the name of these games. When "Divinity" is part of a game's name, I expect "divine powers" or at least something wondrous.

-I'd like to see powerful earth-shattering magic with original, wonderful, stunning, fascinating, jaw-dropping visual effects as a reward for good deeds and gathering huge amounts of experience

alternatively.....

-If a character has a lot of positive karma points, perhaps he is looked at favorably and is granted some special abilities or wondrous powers by the gods themselves in the Divinity world. These powers or spells could simply be categorized as "divine magic".

-If a character has a lot of negative karma points, he is looked at favorably by gods of an evil alignment in the divinity world and is granted special abilities or powers within the realm of evil. These powers or spells could be categorized as "death magic".

suggestions for the ending and what it can consist of:

-when finished, the player feels a sense of pride that he was a hero.

-when finished, the player feels inspired and looks at life from a new perspective.

-when finished, the player eagerly looks forward to the next release

-a game where you can look at the character you've just created and say that's how I want to be

-a good game, like a good story makes a lasting impression long after you've reached the end

I know it may be a lot to ask but I think a great rpg is in many ways similar to a great story....As I progress through the game from start to finish, the ideal game for me would have:

-the "wow" factor

-wonder

-humor

-good suspense

-excitement

-intellectually stimulating quests

-a rewarding experience that motivates player to continue playing

-moments of inspiration

-pride

If Larian could put all these things in the next game, I'd be happy...

a side note: personal traits was in Divine Divinity. I'd like to see it or something similar again.

Last edited by Rocky; 23/03/07 10:01 AM.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard