Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
Finished Deathtrap Dungeon with both. Prefer Red Lotus (The girl) as she is faster. Chain Dog (The guy) is tougher & stronger, but slower. I just prefer fast to strong.

Please click the banner...
A
veteran
veteran
A
I never could get it running on my current system, it always crashed.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
There are two versions - a Win '98 version and a Win '95 version. I'd imagine the 95 version is not really a going concern right now. The 98 version DOES still work (On XP), but it uses an unusual soundcard setup. Right now I can play it any time I like... as long I don't mind having no sound.

Time was I could almost play it in my sleep I was so used to it, but now... I need the sound. So I haven't really played it for a while.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Which means that games need moire "pretty male characters" ?

Or something like that ?

I think this is an interesting thought regarding the cliché-like image that people (namely RPG-players) often have of male heroes.

A typical example is the duo of "Deathtrap Dungeon". A small, good-looking and agile female character, and a really big, brute, not at all good looking but instead very strong looking male character.

This is pure cliché.

that was precisely wat i was thinking!!! laugh

ur good smile

u know now that u mention the chiche image of males and females in many RPG, i realized that there hasn't been a RPG that lets u change the size of ur character or how muscular they are. There's always a default body.....well at least that's how it always is in the RPGs that i play.

enthusiast
enthusiast
play guild wars. It's horrid, cause women look like they walked out of a victoria's secret catalogue and men, depending on their class, look like Conan the Barbarian or a blatant homosexual.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Elliot_Kane
There are two versions - a Win '98 version and a Win '95 version.

Actually, this is the very first time I hear this.

Have you any idea on how to distinguish both ?

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by swordscythe
play guild wars. It's horrid, cause women look like they walked out of a victoria's secret catalogue and men, depending on their class, look like Conan the Barbarian or a blatant homosexual.

The genre is called Fantasy after all. wink

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Originally Posted by Elliot_Kane
There are two versions - a Win '98 version and a Win '95 version.

Actually, this is the very first time I hear this.

Have you any idea on how to distinguish both ?

It should be somewhere on the box, but I don't think it's all that blatant. I think the best idea is to get it from somewhere like Amazon, which will tell you up front in the description which version it is.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I don't have it boxed, that's why.

--Dilbert cartoon

stranger
stranger
I prefer to play females. I generally pick a female character on the first play-through, then play a male the second time. The female character is the one who is most like me. My male characters are often slightly more evil. (Very slightly, since I cannot really take pleasure in playing evil. I'm such a softie.)

Originally Posted by Sblade
I voted female, because I would be deadly curious to see the female dragon form. (and I expect it to be way different than the male version)
Hiya Sblade! grin Fancy running into you here.

Last edited by Chokladglass; 28/05/09 04:07 PM.
stranger
stranger
In all of the RPG's that I played I was a male, in TQIT I started with female chars, and in Sacred2 I played a male char first, but quickly decided to play females and at the moment I only have female chars in Sacred2. They look much better then a Shadow warrior in short trousers.
In DD2 I will start with a male and later I will pick a female char.

They say that lightning never strikes twice in the same place, wait keep standing there and see what happens.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard