Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
old hand
old hand
I looked up that Gina Sisters game silver, looks like the original super Mario game engine but made harder. I'm sure the game would be a lot of fun to play over a weekend.

I doubt the original DD will ever become that outdated graphic wise, and there is always the hunger for games like DD and Gina Sisters. For a pure 2D game, DD looked really sweet when it came out, we are used to 3D games on the PC and only 2D types on hand helds.

As long as Larian is alive and releasing great products in the Divinity Series, anyone that really enjoys the series will want to look up the previous games.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 25/08/09 12:20 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
A
veteran
veteran
A
Giana Sisters were recently re-made for the Nintendo DS.

Not for the PC, sadly.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
Nintendo probably owns the rights to them, it looks like the game engine was created by Nintendo and another company put a new front end on it to make it look different.

Imagine if Larian did remake DD into 3D like 20 years down the road. 3D graphically but mechanically a 2D game. By then we might have hologram based RPGs. Not to be confused with a holodeck on Star Trek, though imagine DD like that...

I honestly believe that DD will be viewed like this in 20 years time. A legendary RPG "back in the day".

Last edited by LightningLockey; 25/08/09 04:52 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Originally Posted by LightningLockey

I honestly believe that DD will be viewed like this in 20 years time. A legendary RPG "back in the day".

Hell, I view it like that now! biggrin

Is reality just a fantasy?
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
Nintendo probably owns the rights to them, it looks like the game engine was created by Nintendo and another company put a new front end on it to make it look different.

As far as I know the Giana Sisters are still owned by the developers there.

In 2008, publisher DTP Entertainment and developer Spellbound Interactive, owner of the game IP have announced that a new Giana Sisters game with an extensive graphical update is in development for Nintendo DS and was released in April 2009 in Europe by the developer. [2] There is yet to be an Australian Release Date for the game as well. The game features all-new levels and more gameplay elements, and a recreation of the original game's levels can be unlocked.

From Wikipedia.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard