Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Found some great 360 footage on Youtube. This game is most definitely going to be a little gem. Cannot wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILtNHEzMHoU

addict
addict
What's up, Iron. Bio here!

The graphics don't look so impressive on the 360 version, but as long as the gameplay holds up on the controller, then that's all that matters. Nice lighting and environments, though.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
old hand
old hand
Environments look much better than Dragon Age, but not as good as Risen.

Character models, though, are obviously not on par with Dragon Age... but are better than Risen.

The fact that the dialogue is fully voiced and quite extensive, is impressive. Drakensang's dialogue was as extensive as Div 2, but not fully voiced.

Last edited by virumor; 08/11/09 02:01 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by virumor
Environments look much better than Dragon Age, but not as good as Risen.

Character models, though, are obviously not on par with Dragon Age... but are better than Risen.

The fact that the dialogue is fully voiced and quite extensive, is impressive. Drakensang's dialogue was as extensive as Div 2, but not fully voiced.

I agree with this after watching the full video. The environments look really pretty. The character model close ups reveal some average character models, but it looks really nice other than that. Very pretty and nice lighting.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
OP Offline
Something else I am pleased with in addition to the game looking good on the 360 is that the voice acting ended up being quite decent for the english version. This is going to be an enjoyable little gem.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Libertarian
What's up, Iron. Bio here!

The graphics don't look so impressive on the 360 version, but as long as the gameplay holds up on the controller, then that's all that matters. Nice lighting and environments, though.

What's up, man? I had a feeling that was you.

Anyway, I actually think it looks pretty good on the 360. Average visuals by today's standards, yes, but it's easy on the eyes in certain areas...at least to me. The only thing I am really concerned with is the combat, but I still think this will be quite an enjoyable game overall.

old hand
old hand
Looks cool overall.
Aslong as graphics are decent and gameplays solid I'm happy.

Don't like the lots of loading times after playing Risen, glad they don't seem aslong as Oblivion.
November 20th can't come any sooner.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by ironcreed
[quote=Libertarian]What's up, Iron. Bio here!

The only thing I am really concerned with is the combat, but I still think this will be quite an enjoyable game overall.

Don't worry, I have the game. The player in this video is clearly just messing around and trying out the game a bit. There is a lot more to the combat than the empty-headed slashing shown here.

Experience the Witch Hunter Chronicles at https://whchronicles.wordpress.com !
apprentice
apprentice
Loading times are pretty good as is, but they can be greatly improved by loading to the hard drive smile

stranger
stranger
Graphics look a whole lot better than I was expecting them to be for the console. Environments look nice and open, character models are kinda what I was expecting and the texturing is decent.

Can't understand the dialogue, but it looks cool and diverse. Hopefully the controls translate well from the PC to the 360's controller.

One shouldn't play games that aren't worth playing.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Croc
Graphics look a whole lot better than I was expecting them to be for the console. Environments look nice and open, character models are kinda what I was expecting and the texturing is decent.

Can't understand the dialogue, but it looks cool and diverse. Hopefully the controls translate well from the PC to the 360's controller.

The controls work fine, and are very intuitive.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by purgatori
The controls work fine, and are very intuitive.

Excellent, that was one of my main concerns with the console version, that the controls would not translate well onto the 360's controller from the keyboard and mouse.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard