Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I just wanted to say, Thank you for Divinity 2:Ego Draconis (Interesting play on words there)

What little there was to explore, was very interesting and made me chuckle quite a lot. I liked the gallows humor as well as the adult humor in the game. (That female talking chest cracked me up)
Besides the glitches, as in the game not loading properly when I got killed in game, that was the biggest annoyance. Luckily going back to the dashboard and reloading the game fixed this issue.
I have never played any of your previous games, I am a completely new customer.

Things I would like to see in Episode 2. (There will be one right? I mean, that ending... was no ending at all, it was a shitty position if nothing else, you strive and work your tail off to become the ultimate bad ass of good, and your trapped and put into a crystal.. staring at the Divine? Ugh...And it turns out your noble quest was a lie? Was the author of this story having woman problems or something?)

+Combat needs to be more fluid, by this I am talking about the response time from when I press a button on the controller, to my character responding. You guys were not close enough to the sweet spot as far as that goes.

+More than two rings, you should be able to equip (let the player decide on how they want to play the game, If I were the hero, I would of had rings on all ten fingers, and I'd been trying to stick em on my toes to. lol I'd also been wearing more than one necklace...(Basically more customization) without losing anything.

+Combat system could be better (Play Demons Souls (PlayStation 3) to see what I mean. The way you can set up the shield and use the left trigger to use it to block attacks, etc.. Just check the game out and play it and you'll understand what I mean. Its more intuitive.

+It would of been nice if Charms were not permanent but removable and replaceable.

+It'd been nice if the amount of charm slots on a weapon could be upgraded.

+It would of been nice to see a training arena area. (lets say, captured monsters, soldiers go there to fight em and build experience) Because, honestly the enemies not respawning was great. It gave a sense of accomplishment. You could see not only your progress, but the progress in your environment as well. Nice touch. BUT! That needs to be balanced with something. In this area, you could pick the monster and the level at which you would fight it. And then depending on your level, it would give you more experience points if it were a tougher enemy. If it were a weaker enemy/creature it would give you less points. BUT! you could also pick the amount of enemies you wanted to verse and there class as well. So it would definitely be an interesting deal. Fighting a 1000 rabbits level 10. I can imagine it now. Or a thousand level 1 warrior goblins.

+The fast travel was a nice touch. Though, it would be nice if the character could run faster...or transform into some half form..(dragon elf?) to move faster on ground, it would also be a nice battle feature to.

+I wanted to be able to see the progress after I had defeated this evil, this scourge of the earth that Damion was.(Of course he lets you live at the end, maybe he ain't so bad?)

+A better aiming system for the Bow. (a more first person/zoom)

+I hated being limited by stats, when it came to equipment. OH! your strong enough but not at a high enough level? what kinda crap was that? And you need intelligence to cut someone down? That's bs. What you need is experience using a sword, weapon proficiency. But some kind of broad intelligence... I utterly hated that limiting feature. I know this is probably how it’s always been..? I am not a huge fan of RPG's. I just play particular ones.

+I wanted to be able to kill more game. Wolves, Dear, Boar, Bear.. It would of been nice to see a goblin getting attacked by a pack of wolves.. chased down. It would of been nice to see a talking wolf. Basically I would of liked to see more creatures/fantasy creatures in this fantasy world as well.

+Please don't put a cut scene at the beginning of a game that I cannot skip. Please don't put transportation scenes in a game I cannot skip. Yes there great, and you guys put a lot of work into them. But I don't like staring at them more than one times.
+Please don’t stop me from deactivating the revitalization chamber with a cut scene. I utterly hated that general Raze. (I believe that’s the correct one?)
+Real weapon/shield building with your blacksmith. I would of liked to told my black smith, what style of sword I wanted.. broadsword, katana, rapier, short sword, long sword, two handed katana, two handed long sword, two handed katana, and any other awesome sword that I might be missing as I type this. The amount of damage the sword is supposed to do. The amount of Charm slots (yeah I am repeating this) The shape of the sword, so that you could have something extremely unique.
The shape of the weapon, or shield, would be in a weapons editor, after you have added the attributes to your sword that you wanted. It would look like grid paper, except a lot more squares. Where ever the cursor was at, and you would tug at the sword, you could bend it to a different shape, or you could add teeth to the sword, change the color, etc..
This would be extremely awesome.
+Choose the kind of dance your dancer does, be able to pick cloths for her. See the dance in a first person way rather than off at that angle, like it happens. Because I don’t care about that damn musician one bit when I am trying to get an erotic dance.

Those are things I would like to see in the next game. If you make one. Like I said, I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this game, except the limiting ending. I see a mix of love, hate.. I am the latter. It was like everything was twisted at the end, with no foreshadowing what so ever to the event. And you don’t even get an option at the end is what is even more horrible. You can’t even go into hiding or anything,… No options, no your just screwed. That beautiful woman, that was your aid all through the game, making comments that you grow to love. Suddenly she’s actually some woman from the underworld?
I hated having a companion that was literally a part of me, I had assumed she semi possessed our main hero when she gave him all of her dragon essence or whatever, turn out to be this evil woman at the end of the game.

Anyways, look forward to the future. Hopefully it will be brighter and have more options.

"What is the opportunity that lay in this situation?" -Core
Thanks for the positive criticism smile

One small thing, the bow targetting has already been improved. Check the patch 1.03 that is about to be released for the improvement.

veteran
veteran
O, I find the Ranger with a bow a very nice thing to use! No problems with this (play on xbox) at all! smile
I love to use a bow much more than in other RPG's!

@SeriousBusiness:
Woow .. you can perhaps go to Belgium for helping Larian with the next game(I'm serious!) ... at least, I Hope they make further on more RPG-games! laugh wink

But one thing I will say about making a "Arena" in an RPG:
for me not necessary in this game (how it IS on this moment): a balanced gameplay.

But I guess you mean, if you wish an "Arena", you known other things must also be changing (level up some enemies etc), because when I was at the end I was level 35 and it was more than possible to defeat the final battle.
But suppose I can increasing my XP in an Arena, which level will I reach on that case?

And for what purpose?
To make the game much longer and with more & stronger enemies, more quests and longer storyline ?? (I can agree laugh )
OR
make the game not longer, but in such way so that leveling up goes faster... ?? (can't agree I think)

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
stranger
*Slow Clap*

Seriously, if there was an arena like that, i'd be there for hours...lol I'd probably come back max leveled so u might have to put some sort of limitation. Everything else i 100% agree with, especially the blacksmith deal. Can u imagine a burning/lighting 2 handed katana?

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by JGhost24
*Slow Clap*

Seriously, if there was an arena like that, i'd be there for hours...lol I'd probably come back max leveled so u might have to put some sort of limitation. Everything else i 100% agree with, especially the blacksmith deal. Can u imagine a burning/lighting 2 handed katana?

You know, I honestly had not, until you mentioned it. I must say, thinking on it, it'd be pretty badass.

"What is the opportunity that lay in this situation?" -Core

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard