Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
stranger
stranger
W
I have this same graphic problem. In my case, I have a sash that places itself into the arrow slot and a shield that puts itself into the leggings slot. I have tried replacing both with new different items but the new ones go right into the wrong spot too. I have tried all of the suggestions mentioned in this thread with the exception of starting completely over.

My system is Vista64 and I am using the version from Gamer's Gate. I had installed the latest patch after reading this thread but it didnt help.

Very dissapointing problem as I was just getting going in the game and having a good time.

Support
Support

Unfortunately, switching to compatibility mode will not fix the problem once it starts (just prevent it from happening), so you will need to start over.

Welcome to the forum.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Does compatibility mode ensure the problem wont recur?

Support
Support

Most people who have run into this problem have not had it reoccur starting a new game after switching to 98/ME compatibility mode. A couple people have still reported problems, though (one just above your first post... don't know if that got resolved, or not).

T
stranger
stranger
T
Raze, I am now attempting a new run using the Win98-compatibility mode, and already I see improvement, and I wanted to tell you how awestruck I am by your gracious assistance on this board. I doubt many players such as myself would be able to work out the problems with BD if you weren't here to help with so many different situations to adapt to.

A sincere thank you,

trog69

Be merciful, for I am old and spazzy...
Support
Support

Thank you, and welcome to the forum. wave

F
Fyl Offline
stranger
stranger
F
REOCCURS! (win7)

I've even caught the exact moment and reproduced a save just before (where all is good) and the step that turns it to crap 100% of the time (regardless of compatibility choice, etc.)!

...unfortunately, that step is walking to the next level in Act 1, from the first imp merchant floor to the next floor where you're greeted by another imp merchant.

Last edited by Fyl; 08/07/12 04:09 PM.
Support
Support

Do you have access to an XP system you could use to try getting past that point? It is possible the corruption occurred earlier and is only showing up there, though.

Check your messages (click 'My Stuff' in the top menu bar, then 'Messages').

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard