Print Thread
E
ENAK Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Hello,

So I've bought the upgraded version. The models and everything else do seem nicer but... One thing is that - the Antialiasing switch doesnt seem to be doing anything. The 'jagged edges' are the same with or without it. I've tried setting a profile for it in the nvidia control panel and forcing AA but... that did nothing too... frown So. Any suggestions about that? The game looks very... rough without it and my card can take a 4xAA setting without any issues on any game that's out there now (OCd GF 460 GT).

Did anyone try to run the game with AA and it worked for you? Is there a combination of option that makes it unusable? smile

EDIT: One more option that... well does diddly is "Depth of Field". I see no blurring effect of any kind when I turn it on. HDR does the usual brightening/bad camera effect but AA and DoF do not work for me. I also cannot confirm if the Sun Shafts actually are visible or not. smile I did stare at the sun for a while even though you're not supposed to and couldn't notice any difference with or without them.

Regards,
K

Last edited by ENAK; 06/11/10 02:59 PM.
Support
Support

Some people with D2:ED were able to get anti-aliasing to work if they disabled HDR lighting, or renamed the executable to force their video card to use a profile for a different game... others couldn't.

E
ENAK Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
So... that's a "something" for the devs to work on then. wink Chop chop... wink

<<Goes back to slaying goblins...>>

B
Bvs Offline
stranger
stranger
B
Hi,

Unfortunately we don't support hardware MSAA in our game. Without going into too much technical detail, this is because of the fact that we are using a deferred rendering system and Directx9. It was a trade-off we made when designing the engine.
What we did do, is try to compensate the lack of MSAA by doing anti-aliasing as a post-process effect in the game via a shader. The effect is subtle but we felt it was enough to help some people.
If you feel that the setting absolutely does nothing for you though, then this is an issue we have to look into.

Concerning the depth of field: the effect works but is only activated during in-game dialogs.

If you have any more questions regarding this, feel free to ask them.

Last edited by Bvs; 08/11/10 10:45 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
I can not understand....my graphics card is GTX 285, CPU i7, 8GB Ram...yet the graphics is very bad. what do we do? I am dying to play.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I think you guys should know that your SSAA is not working properly. The shader seems to be applied properly about 10% of the time, otherwise the screen is not aliased at all just as if the SSAA was turned off. I've seen the AA come and go depending on where my viewpoint is aimed. Other times it just seems random. It definitely needs a fix!

BTW, I can guarantee it's NOT related to my system as I had the same problem on my ATI 5850 and my new GTX 470.

Last edited by molleh; 11/11/10 04:42 AM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard