Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
We've spotted a review over at The Examiner which rates it 4 out of 5 stars. Here are two snips of what the author had to write

"One thing that immediately impressed us with the game was the quality of the story, voice acting, and writing — all of which are excellent. The soundtrack is also very good."

"Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga can be a harsh mistress in the early game, but it is a rewarding, entertaining, and well-crafted game that will keep you playing for many, many hours."

Read the full review

addict
addict
Superb review. The voice acting, writing, and soundtrack were tops in Ego Draconis.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Libertarian
Superb review. The voice acting, writing, and soundtrack were tops in Ego Draconis.

Indeed, I fully agree with it !!!

But can you believe I read on another forum somebody who find the sounds and voice-acting not (so) good?
I can't believe it!! Some people are simply too "hard" in there judgement about 'a game/games' ... or they're not easily satisfied ?

Poor people .... they can't really never be happy with a game ... ? Sad .

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
stranger
Dears,

Could anybody help in comparing this game with dragon age origins and awakening

???????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????
??????????Thanks????????
??Very Much??????
?????????????
???????
???
??

journeyman
journeyman
I have played Ego Draconis and Dragon Age: Origins. I have not yet played Awakening or the remastered version of Divinity II.

I can say that they both have their own strengths.

Dragon Age is a party-based RPG where combat is a matter of pausing and making decisions.

In Divinity, you are on your own and combat is a bit more actiony.

Dragon Age is class-based whereas Divinity II is not. You can make a kind of hybrid mage-warrior-priest combination in this game.

Dragon Age takes place in a world with incredibly detailed lore and has a darker, more serious tone. Divinity feels somewhat lighter in this regard, but it also has a bit more fun and doesn't take itself as seriously. The stories are both equally grand and epic, though.

The storyline in Dragon Age can really change and there are multiple possible endings. In that sense, Divinity is a bit more straightforward, although you can solve many quests in different ways.

You'll definitely be more free to roam around in Divinity II and there is much more to explore and to discover. Dragon Age, by comparison, takes place on very small maps.

As a lover of epic fantasy, I love them both. As games, they are quite different but both quite enjoyable in their own way.

Experience the Witch Hunter Chronicles at https://whchronicles.wordpress.com !
stranger
stranger
i heard this has respawning monsters that true?

journeyman
journeyman
This answer implies me only but its fairly simple smile THEYRE BOTH GREAT lol Why does it have to be one or the other it could be both :p of course if you had to choose between Da or DKS due to lack of funds to buy both ..... well .... DKS gets my vote cuz i totally LOVE the dragon form thing and i can spend hours just messing around in that form. But in my case DA and DKS are both standing out of the other RPGs and im happy i got the 2 to play with smile

PS. (to the Devs) If it was possible to kill stuff on the ground from the dragon form's fire breath .... man, this game would be downright alone in its class!

Edit: I must admit tho (again this feeling implies only me) that the story in DA seemed to me more worked, more 'in-depth' and very appealing. That being said, the Story of DKS is great as well. Id give 4/5 stars to DKS for the story and 4.5/5 stars to DA story-wise. For the rest tho DKS pretty much owns DA tho! (have have told you guys how much i love the dragon form in DKS? uh uh :P

Last edited by Quazar12; 10/11/10 06:45 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Quazar12
PS. (to the Devs) If it was possible to kill stuff on the ground from the dragon form's fire breath .... man, this game would be downright alone in its class!

That was intended, but it required too many resources. Hopefully when 64-Bit is standard and computers are more powerful/more RAM and SSD are better/cheaper then such can be done.

stranger
stranger
Thank You Very Much

stranger
stranger
I am one of the admirer of dragon age i already finish it till the boons till the end All DLCs

The question is could we found in the nearest future some mods so we can make the game peter like it was and still for DA and DAW

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by AudioEpics
I have played Ego Draconis and Dragon Age: Origins. I have not yet played Awakening or the remastered version of Divinity II.

I can say that they both have their own strengths.

Dragon Age is a party-based RPG where combat is a matter of pausing and making decisions.

In Divinity, you are on your own and combat is a bit more actiony.

Dragon Age is class-based whereas Divinity II is not. You can make a kind of hybrid mage-warrior-priest combination in this game.

Dragon Age takes place in a world with incredibly detailed lore and has a darker, more serious tone. Divinity feels somewhat lighter in this regard, but it also has a bit more fun and doesn't take itself as seriously. The stories are both equally grand and epic, though.

The storyline in Dragon Age can really change and there are multiple possible endings. In that sense, Divinity is a bit more straightforward, although you can solve many quests in different ways.

You'll definitely be more free to roam around in Divinity II and there is much more to explore and to discover. Dragon Age, by comparison, takes place on very small maps.

As a lover of epic fantasy, I love them both. As games, they are quite different but both quite enjoyable in their own way.

Totally agree. I LOVED both Dragon Age Origins and Awakening. DAO is a very well done game even though some people complained about mob dificulty. I'd have to add that Dragon Age origins requires to get USED to. First playthrough was like learning the game for me. Second playthrough was much easier when you know what spells do, what kind of spell combos to use etc.

I find Divinity 2 more straight forward and maybe a bit more linear than Origins but that in no way makes Divinity 2 worse the game. Its just a bit different but nevertheless its still very fun RPG.

Last edited by Dragomist; 11/11/10 04:10 PM.
addict
addict
I really like Dragon Age, but I prefer Div2.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
stranger
stranger
Thank you all for your opinions but

Could some body till me about DIV moding progress is there any body trying to go through DIV MODS and if so could give us a hint

Support
Support

From Could you open a forum for modding?

Originally Posted by Lar_q
I'm afraid the development pipeline of div2 is fairly complicated and I actually can't imagine how we could make it available to you all, but I'll give the coders a big scare on monday and ask them exactly how we could go about it. There is an extensive tool chain with which I think you could do fantastic things, but getting it installed on your hard drives might be too much effort. That said, it's worth contemplating.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by DKSasamiFan
i heard this has respawning monsters that true?

Yes it's true in FOV their are a lot of areas that have respawning monsters

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by lynn
We've spotted a review over at The Examiner which rates it 4 out of 5 stars. Here are two snips of what the author had to write

"One thing that immediately impressed us with the game was the quality of the story, voice acting, and writing — all of which are excellent. The soundtrack is also very good."

"Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga can be a harsh mistress in the early game, but it is a rewarding, entertaining, and well-crafted game that will keep you playing for many, many hours."

Read the full review

WOOHOO about time some of the reviewers got their heads out of their butts & admited that Divinity is an awsome game theirs hope for the industry yet

P
stranger
stranger
P
can only say DKS is awesome, this is the kind of game you can spend hours playing and forget about everything else from the 'real world' just because it is that great! i can dare to say any gamer would love this, truly the best rpg i played in almost 10 years (since arcanum)

words are useless, u simply gotta try this amazing title, it will fascinate u and pull u in it's unique world.!

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Pitbulul
can only say DKS is awesome, this is the kind of game you can spend hours playing and forget about everything else from the 'real world' just because it is that great! i can dare to say any gamer would love this, truly the best rpg i played in almost 10 years (since arcanum)

words are useless, u simply gotta try this amazing title, it will fascinate u and pull u in it's unique world.!

Agreed with everything you said. Truely amazing game. Cant wait to get home from work and continue this masterpiece rpg005

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard