Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lynn Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Neoseeker awards Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga 9/10 + Editor's choice award !!!

[Linked Image]

Neoseeker.com just released their lenghty review of The Dragon Knight Saga and awarded it very high marks.

Here are a couple of things the reviewer had to say:

"I can say off the bat The Dragon Knight Saga is a gem."

"Conversations are well-written and at times outright hilarious -- I found myself many times having to really stop and laugh out loud. One scene in particular stands out, where I had the option of trading with a skeleton or giving him an existential crisis -- I'll leave the rest to your imagintion and amusement. As with all skilled writing of this variety, it's woven perfectly in with the more serious overarching story, including some horrific bits."

"In short, Divinity II has one of the finest soundtracks in gaming, period, and it really adds a lot the experience. It's quite varied, too, though like the writing, there's an undercurrent running through all of it, tying it together nicely."

"Naturally, much of your time will be spent in combat, something which really grew on me as I played. At first it may seem somewhat simplistic, but the depth opens up as you unlock skills, increase in level and stats, and encounter more complex battles."

"In ways, Divinity II - The Dragon Knight Saga feels like an organic evolution of the Divinity series, with some of the feel kept intact, but it takes just enough risks and explores just enough new ground to appeal to old timers and newcomers. In short, it's one of the best outcomes series fans could've hoped for."

Read the full review at Neoseeker.com

veteran
veteran
Nice written review !!

One thing I know for sure:
The music and voice-acting in all the games Larian makes I find the best and beating all other RPG's for me !!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
WOW another great review for you all AWSOME congrats guy's I'm so happy for you all, your hard work & witty humour is finally being recognised for being the star that it is. I have complete faith that more people will be beating down the doors of their local game shop to get a copy of DKS. I have to say that I do love your company not many game devs like you guys left in the gaming industry anymore (as Microshit seem to be buying them all out) & I hope you guys & girls do really well. I feel honoured to be able to play Divinity & I thank you all for the time & effort you put into making this outstanding & breathtaking game smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Hmm... that is the same score and award they gave Elemental: War of Magic.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Gwenio

The reviewer here (I reviewed both). Firstly, please don't pay too much attention to scores, as we all find it a little silly to quantify such broad experiences. That said, I do love them about equally, though Elemental probably got a little bump because I knew Stardock would be dedicating a year solely to fleshing out the game. I did really love it as it was, though, imperfections and all. Both Divinity II and Elemental are well-made, captivating games.

Last edited by chautemoc; 18/11/10 03:51 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by chautemoc
Originally Posted by Gwenio

The reviewer here (I reviewed both). Firstly, please don't pay too much attention to scores, as we all find it a little silly to quantify such broad experiences. That said, I do love them about equally, though Elemental probably got a little bump because I knew Stardock would be dedicating a year solely to fleshing out the game. I did really love it as it was, though, imperfections and all. Both Divinity II and Elemental are well-made, captivating games.

In a very pale and uninteresting world of gamming, the games that do manage to "glue us" to the screen are the ones imho that should have the best scores. Divinity 2 was already one of these "diferent games" out there that stick out for numerous of reasons but too many reviewers out there just focussed on its "unpolished" state, thus the bad reviews.

Larian knew this and re-mastered Div2 so only now the realy good reviews should start geting out.
The neoseeker review was clearly made by someone who has a passion for RPGs and knows what he is doing. It was not made by a temporary "intern" that looks at games for 1 hour and fast-forwards it till they see something wrong and discard it, unless ofc the games' budget (and incentive for review) was large enough to warrant its paycheck for a couple days.

For this, i definately moved forward neoseeker up my favorite list. Not because they gave a good review to a game i love, but because they have at least 1 reviewer that shares the passion in good RPGs.

Last edited by KnightPT; 18/11/10 04:09 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by KnightPT

In a very pale and uninteresting world of gamming, the games that do manage to "glue us" to the screen are the ones imho that should have the best scores. Divinity 2 was already one of these "diferent games" out there that stick out for numerous of reasons but too many reviewers out there just focussed on its "unpolished" state, thus the bad reviews.

Larian knew this and re-mastered Div2 so only now the realy good reviews should start geting out.
The neoseeker review was clearly made by someone who has a passion for RPGs and knows what he is doing. It was not made by a temporary "intern" that looks at games for 1 hour and fast-forwards it till they see something wrong and discard it, unless ofc the games' budget (and incentive for review) was large enough to warrant its paycheck for a couple days.

For this, i definately moved forward neoseeker up my favorite list. Not because they gave a good review to a game i love, but because they have at least 1 reviewer that shares the passion in good RPGs.

Yeah, I notice a lot of publications and gamers tend to be extremely harsh and unforgiving when it comes to bugs and lack of polish. I am generally not one of those writers -- I can look past the flaws to a certain point and really enjoy myself despite them. This was the case with Elemental, and I suspect it would have been the case with Ego Draconis. Obviously, there's a limit, and I have no problems being harsh on severely unpolished games if they deserve it.

Thank you so much for the kind words! smile It really means a lot. In fact, I am an RPG fanatic. smile It's pretty much always been my favourite genre -- so much to love.

I've been with Neoseeker for two and a half years now, and I've been writing in other fields for years beyond that.

Unfortunately there's no counter for Div2, but I estimate I put about 40 hours into it. As with all RPG reviews, I would've liked to have put more time into it (even beat it), but it's just not feasible. Regardless, no matter the game, we always play up to the point we're as sure as we can be our feelings wouldn't change if we did complete the game. More often than not this means beating it, but RPGs are a special case.

One of our other writers/editors Lydia is also pretty into RPGs, and we have a contributor really into JRPGS, but I'm definitely the RPG nut. smile

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard