Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G'day folks.

I've just encountered a strange problem after clearing the Imp's Lair, and collecting all the loot.

The last thing that I do is engage in dialogue with Arthur Gremory.

However at the completion of the dialogue, the game appears to go into a seemingly endless autosave loop.

The only way that I've found to get around this is to halt the game via the Windows Task Manager.

I even went so far as to cycle the power on my PC and run through the lair all over again using a save just before entering.

Same result 4 times in a row.

Any suggestions, or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

PS, I'm running the Steam download with latest patches on Windows 7 Professional (64 bit). I've set the game to 'run as Administrator'.

Last edited by MerlynEmrys; 16/02/11 10:55 PM.

Divinty II Dragon Knight Saga (Steam) on Win 7 Pro 64 bit system.
Support
Support

There is a short cutscene after talking to Arthur Gremory. A couple people in D2:ED had a problem there, which could be avoided by ending the dialog manually rather than letting him finish speaking. Try just skipping through the conversation quickly.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G'day Raze,

Thanks mate it worked!

I followed your advice and dialogued with him enough to pick up the quests and do a Minread, and that's it.

My game version is D2:DKS btw.

As an aside, I'm somewhat surprised that this issue hasn't been rectified in a patch by now.

Cheers.

Last edited by MerlynEmrys; 17/02/11 01:33 AM.

Divinty II Dragon Knight Saga (Steam) on Win 7 Pro 64 bit system.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard