I noticed that, between forays into the Fjords during the Broken Valley part of the game (to level up prior to the insta-level mindread in Sentinel Island), the makeup of enemy groups changed. One time, there were three Beholders in the first part (the path to the water, and the waterfall beach). The next, it's all goblins. And even when I found the Beholders, none of the gave the "Orobas Fjords Black Beholder" monster log entry.

Was something regarding this changed in DKS? I know at least one other entry (Brown Boar) is no longer obtainable, since that enemy was removed entirely. This is important to know for my guide, so if anyone else can weigh in, it'd be a help.

EDIT: I swam past thebeach next to the waterfall (ignoring the goblins there) and went to the Depleted Ore Mine entrance, finding the Beholders there (two. Neither gave the Black Beholder entry. I then swam back, and found a Beholder on that beach, having replaced a squad of two goblins! Are the enemies there really randomly generated? Or are there more than the game can place at any given time programmed there?

Last edited by Lancet; 24/04/11 06:50 AM.