Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#451017 05/10/11 05:56 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I need to know what are the best weapons in the game and where to find them! I currently have Razzakel's Hammer and it is working great! I have both the increase damage and increase magical damage level 10 enchantments on it and a level 10 life leach enchantment but i don't want to put the divine charms i have on it if there is a more powerful weapon that i can acquire! I am looking for a weapon with the max amount of enchantment slots and charm slots available along with rely good base and bonus stats! While your at it i could also use some suggestions for armor as well!

What we do in life echos in eternity!
veteran
veteran
Which kind of melee weapon do you love most: one-handed or two-handed weapon?

Which kind of build do you make & love most ?
How far in the game are you, which level ?

and a tip :
Is your Strength higher than your Intelligence (go for melee damage based weapons) or vise versa (go for magic damage based weapons), or around the same value? (go for balanced weapons)

I find the "Sword of the Paladin" (two-handed!) a nice piece . But the Scorpion Sword (of the Scorpion Armour Set!) is also nice !

I'm now in the Flames of Vengeance part and the shopkeepers there also have nice melee weapons ... but the most nice weapons require a level (L35 - 36 - 37 and higher!), so then you must wait, so best to go for better weapon earlier on if you find the Razakel's Warhammer isn't good enough anymore wink ...

And since you've the Battle Tower and your runners (servants) Gold isn't an issue anymore, so sell and buy if you wish/can for a weapon that suits your playstyle best, let the goldcions roll like a dice biggrin !
I started Flames of Vengeance with more than 200 000 goldcoins, but starting with 100 000 or something I've still enough, in fact. wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I am a sword and shield kind of guy! I am level 29 and just wiped out stones flying fortress. I have always been one for pushing the limits, for example i killed the level 22 killer bunny while i was level 14 and wiped stones flying fortress while i was level 20 and the enemies were 28 or so. I have 71 strength and 32 intelligence. My weapon damage is 229-242 normal and 425-489 magical. I have countless divine charms of all kinds so i need a weapon with the max charm slots. By the way what are the max charm and enchantment slots allowed on a piece of equipment? Is there like an ultimate weapon of the game like there is in others? And will divine charms continue to be easy to find later just encase i decide to use them now?

veteran
veteran
So far I've seen a weapon with 3 empty charmslots and 4 enchantmentslots, but not more.

The weapons with an orange coloured title (like Razakel's Warhammer, the Brideblade, ...) I see by traders in Flames of Vengeance part (I go there when I was L34) and one I know is a 1-handed weapon, but L37 (and there're more, I'll take a look in my game fi you wish, just ask wink ),
you can find by Bedwyr (it's an enchanter too) & that weapon has also a very funny name :
"Good Day and Goodbye" (warhammer) with the skill Death Blow +3 ...
Bedwyr has also an Axe called "Axe of Titus" (L37) with Wirlwind skill +3

But other traders that sell weapons are Gina, Alzbeta, Nerk (have no special weapons - I mean with an orange coloured title), Mysus & Kaan. If you wish I look for more info about nice 1-handed weapons.

Since you're already L 29, have you go to the Ministry in Aleroth? There you can Mindread Deodantus and trade with him! He has a very nice Shield (Lion's Mane L30). The same NPC has also the Blade of Hypnerotomachia L33 with at least 2 charmslots, (but not sure, can be 3 slots), and 2 enchantmentslots, plus Wirlwind +2 & higher meleedam than magicdam.

The Archmage Armour Set has a Archmage Warhammer L26 with 2 charm and 2 enchantmentslots, meleedam is higher than magic damage. I like this Set, especially the Belt smile .

I don't find many divine charms via loot, but I buy some by traders in FoV & btw Bedwyr has nice charms I experienced so far. I look EACH level at all traders to see what they've in stock (traders restock (But the orange coloured gear remain the same) if you level-up wink

I think there isn't a Unique weapon, no, there's more than that I think ... since the gear with an orange label are in fact unique and special because most of them have a Skillbonus!

I mostly use a bow or 2-handed sword, but don't need it that last much since playing a Priest. But I love to see my hero swinging the blade by using Thousant Strikes laugh ... so yeah, I'm now thinking about buy a new 2-handed sword, but so far can't decide which one hahaha ... I'm still using the Sword of the Paladin .

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks for the help man and ya i would like you to let me know how the weapon hunt goes! Keep an eye out for a godly one handed sword And a godly shield would be good to!

veteran
veteran
Talking about the special weapons with the orange labeled names in the FoV part I find a few 1-Handed Swords by some traders.

1-Handed Swords :
* Blood Blade (by Kaan in Lanilor Lane): L37
meleedam 24-213 + 8(bonus)& magicdam 53-65, strenth +8, Cond.Body +7, skill Bleed +3, 2 empty chrmslots & 2 ench.slots
* Tiger Bite (by Gina at Market Place): L40
meleedam 106-198, Jump Attack +5 ! & 3 empty charmslots + 3 enchantm. slots ! + more boosts, forgot to write them down smirk

1-H other kind of weapons like Axe or Warhammer (and some of their boost values) :
* Raven's Talon (Axe) L35 - magic dam highest (32-221), 3 empty charmslots & 3 ench. slots
* The Mocking Maul (Warh.) L38 - magic dam highest (36-207), Destruction +4, 3 empty chrm & 3 ench. slots
* Deodatus Mace (Warh.) L38 - magic dam highest (123-150), Firewall +4, 3 empty chrm & 4 ench. slots!
* Axe of Titus L37 - melee dam highest (44-178 +10), Wirlwind +3, 2 empty chrm & 2 ench. slots
* Good Day and Goodbye (Warh.) L37 - melee dam highest(83-124), Death Blow +3, 1 empty chrm & 2 ench. slots
* Axe of Ascension L34 - melee dam highest(41-163 +8), 1 empty chrm & 3 ench. slots

didn't see so far a "godly" shield ... but if I find/see one I let you know ... but the best Shield I find so far was in the Ego Draconis part at the Ministry in aleroth (name shield: Lion's Mane L30) !

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Sweet thanks for the hard work! I just started FOV and i did happen to get that sheild it is pre beast! I did find one sword i liked along with that shield. It is Blade of Hypocrobomachia. Pre good for now!

veteran
veteran
Yes, Gamer4LifeX117 is happy smile !
Yesterday I bought some new bows and a two-handed sword, after playing (too) long with the same bow and sword (Hermit's bow "Mister Shooty" from Sentinel Island because it has 1 point in Ranger Stealth! & the Sword of the Paladin)

So now I use the Bow of the Leopard L38 (with Poison Arrows +4!) and also bought the bow "Invisible Death L40(with Way of the Ranger +5!). And I bought 2 melee weapons:
* Claw of Abraxas, 2-H Sword L40 with Life Leech +5 and a nice Magical damage value since my Intelligence is way up higher than my Strength.
* Deodatus Mace, 1-H Warhammer with Firewall +4 and the only weapon (I see/find so far!) with 3 empty charmslots PLUS 4 Enchantmentslots !! Great !
I will use this Mace together with the Shield that has a nice name I like : "Lion's Mane" (with skills Sword & Shield Expertise +2 !).

This is a fantastic game, so great & fun to play ... if I can, for eternity !!

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I agree this is a great game lol and i am aculy using pre much the exact same thing you are and prolly will the rest of the game! I have Deodatus Mace with 4 level 10 enchantments on it and 3 divine charms on it! And i have sword and shield maxed cuz i use the lions mane too. Havent put anything on it though except like 2 level 9 enchantments cuz i dont know if i will find a better one anytime soon lol.

S
stranger
stranger
S
i am always on the look out for weapons that have 3 charms slots AND 3 enhancements , unfortunatly getting decent charms seems to be impossable..

veteran
veteran
The further you progress in the game the more chance that you find better Charms !
It's worth the effort to visit all shopkeepers each level you gain (each new level you gain = the shopkeepers restock!).
The best Charms are the 'Divine'( +5 to Dex, Strength, Int., Cond.Body or Height.Reflex or Ranged Armour Rating or ... (etc) and + 10 to Melee Dam (the dark coloured Charm).
One less are the 'Blessed' Charms.

I'm now in Flames of Vengeance (the add-on or part II of DKS) and I've more Charms than I can put on equipment. So don't worry. wink

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard